Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet Expo 2013 (Dublin)

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

It ws good today, i was disappointing with the lack of cats to be honest. WHo is Peach Dude and cream ?

They are the only cats that were there!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Wa lovely meeting you Silly, and of course getting to pet the Dudester! :D I tried to find Knine at the BT stand but every time I popped by there was just a guy there, so I figured I better not ask, considering I didn't have your real name!!! :pac::pac:

i was delighted to play with a few rats too, I've never handled any so that was cool. They seem a lot more mellow than hamsters, so as soon as we have the room, a pair of rats here we come!!! I also saw SIX DAY OLD baby guinea pigs which were ADORABLE, but I hope they weren't too stressed by all the noise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I'm only home! I was delighted to meet some Boardies. I swear I was at the stand some of the day!

It was a very nice day. I had an American couple try to make a large offer to take one of my dogs back to America with them. I politely declined!

The dogs really enjoyed themselves although we had one child by himself who was extremely rough with the dogs.

I did not get a chance to do much shopping but did buy some nylabone style chews but won't be giving them to the dogs. When I opened the packet they are far too hard.

SillyMango your cats are lovely & I was also delighted to meet Tk123's lovely dogs.

They are the only cats that were there!!:D

I did see them . :D

Is anyone else heading to this tomorrow?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

Only found out about this now.
    Would love to have been able to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 332 ✭✭Kali_Kalika

Wow .... that was a long day! Left home at 9 this morning and only home tonight at 10! Its a long drive to the expo from Sligo but totally worth it and we'll all be making the journey again next year! Had a wonderful day there, met sooooo many lovely dogs (and other critters!) and Kali had a blast as well! She made tons of new friends and best of all :D she didn't disgrace us all!:D I'd visions of nightmares of us all driving home to Sligo with our heads hung in shame, permanenly banned from all future expos! :rolleyes::rolleyes: But nope she was a glowing example of a good dog! The birds got her a bit over excited (a break outside changed that!) and there may have been a sweet stealing incident from a little person when the boyfriend had her :rolleyes: but sure, things happen :D The little person found it amusing anyways! :rolleyes: And the amount of free stuff we came home with was shocking! At one point the boyfriend ended up making a trip back to the car with freebies and a massive bag of food I bought (why I'm not sure with all the freebies! I was on a frenzy of so much cool dog stuff everywhere!)

I too meandered through the breed village quite a few times (admittedly, I did forget to re-read this thread and study up on who was who with what breed) but I did say hello to the Border Terrier a few times (gentleman at the booth so I didn't say hello boardsie) -and I'd have loved to have met TK as I always enjoy your posts so saying hello would have been lovely. But I did have a great chat with SillyMango :D The cats were gorgeous even if sleepy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

chrismon wrote: »
    Only found out about this now.
    Would love to have been able to go!

It is on tomorrow as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

Really enjoyed today, it was such an improvement on the last two years. Maybe it was because I got there late enough in the day, but it didn't have the cramped, overcrowded feeling of 2 years ago, while having a buzz that was missing last year. Little Pippa was so good and she wasn't too fazed by it all. The absence of decibel shattering "talent shows" was definitely a plus. I got a decent amount of food samples and bought a new bed for the big boy.
    It was great to see all the different dog breeds, especially those you don't see around too much. The Basenji was a great little character. As I said in a previous post, I've never met one before but have long been fascinated by the breed.
    I saw Knine's Borders but at the time was too self conscious to introduce myself to anyone! I got over myself eventually and managed to say hello to SillyMangoX who's stand I passed after being there a while! Knine, your little one sitting on the table was so cute (I do have a bit of a terrier bias though), and SillyMango, Peaches, Cream and Dude are absolutely gorgeous!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I found the small animal stall that was charging people money to hold the animals a bit ridiculous even if it wasn't much, apart from that and the expensive food I found everything fantastic. I ordered moone a fancy new name tag at the bandana stall, it should be here during the week :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

SingItOut wrote: »
    I found the small animal stall that was charging people money to hold the animals a bit ridiculous even if it wasn't much

Couldnt agree more - people had already paid IN, and then they were charging to hold an animal? Talk about scabby. Very poor form.

Ive been to Pet Expo the past few years but I think that today is my last visit. I found it kind of hectic today, breed village was so packed it was difficult to even see the dogs let alone interact with any of them. I did meet a very nice lady with a hairless cat who stopped for us, some other nice short random encounters but overall I found it too cramped, too busy, and I could see some animals (and owners) were just worn out.

The Saluki lady was lovely too as were her supermodels.

I'm absolutely wrecked after the two days, as are my kitties I would imagine but it was really enjoyable! Everyone who I was talking to was so nice and I seem to have peaked a lot of people's interest in showing cats. I had Dude out on a harness a good bit today and he was just loving all the fuss over him. Bar a few idiots lifting their dogs to see the cats it was overall very good. I would love to do it again! And was lovely to meet all the boardsies!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

Enjoyed the show, meet SillyMangox but couldn't really meet P&C as had a grey in tow and didn't think it appropriate to do a spot of improntu cat training!

Saw some fantastic dogs, both in the breed village and outside. Kind of surprised how many French bulldogs there were, all gorgeous, but it did make me wonder where they all came from.

Got less freebies from the stands than other years but I suppose a lot of companies have cut back or maybe they just didn't like me :(

Think people generally enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

My older daughter paid a visit on the Saturday and really enjoyed the day.

Security however at the front gate tried to force me to pay for parking on the second day. I pointed out that on principle I was not paying and if they did not let me in I would be driving back home again with the three dogs belonging to the breed stand.

The dogs really enjoyed themselves at their Breed stand. One child with no parents in sight was extremely rough with the dogs and another child tried to put a clearly reluctant Westie into the puppy pen with 2 of my dogs in it :(

Most visitors to the stand however where lovely and seemed to be enjoying their day out. Many were surprised at how small my dogs were :D

I really enjoyed the weekend and felt it was much better then last year especially without the kids howling like cats on the stage.

Inexile wrote: »
    Enjoyed the show, meet SillyMangox but couldn't really meet P&C as had a grey in tow and didn't think it appropriate to do a spot of improntu cat training!

That grey was absolutely beautiful!! I really wanted it, after you left I was trying to convince my mam since you said some could live with cats but no luck :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Inexile

That grey was absolutely beautiful!! I really wanted it, after you left I was trying to convince my mam since you said some could live with cats but no luck :pac:

Keep trying ;)

Sorry for dragging this up again, I got an email from the pet expo this morning, next year the expo will be a week later (as in this weekend next year) but they are moving to a bigger hall!

Advertisement