Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Computer Repair Centre?

Options
  • 10-10-2013 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Is the Waterford Computer Repair Centre (out by Genzyme) gone? Even the website is down -> wcrc.ie

It's a pity because I've always found them to be great, esp. for parking when you're lugging desktops around.

If they are, can anyone recommend another PC repairer? Mine decided to die this morning :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Why not take this opportunity to fix it yourself? The tech forms are very helpful and there a few people in here that know plenty about PC's. Might save you some cash

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭M25

Help my pc is good in Tramore!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 seanogheg

Hi Grandblaa.. yes WCRC is end of life!.. yes its a shame those guys were brilliant, there was loads of parking and the service was amazing !! I suppose there was just no money in it ! Frankly I wouldn't recommend anywhere else! I'd buy a new PC!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭GrandBlaa

Doylers wrote: »
    Why not take this opportunity to fix it yourself? The tech forms are very helpful and there a few people in here that know plenty about PC's. Might save you some cash

I gave fixing it myself an honest go - the PC isn't recognising its hard drive and upon booting asks me to choose a boot disc, even though the hd is right in the BIOS list. So, it's a bit beyond what I can do myself.

I will check out that place in Tramore, thanks.
    seanogheg wrote: »
    Hi Grandblaa.. yes WCRC is end of life!.. yes its a shame those guys were brilliant, there was loads of parking and the service was amazing !! I suppose there was just no money in it ! Frankly I wouldn't recommend anywhere else! I'd buy a new PC!

Seanogheg, boy, I'd love to buy a new PC. But I'm a poor student :( Thank goodness I had a dinosaur of a laptop laying around!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

GrandBlaa wrote: »
    I gave fixing it myself an honest go - the PC isn't recognising its hard drive and upon booting asks me to choose a boot disc, even though the hd is right in the BIOS list. So, it's a bit beyond what I can do myself.

WHat you should do then is when the pc is turing on select the boot device, think its f8 from memory. See if the Hard drive is there. Like it could be the drive is gone and the pc is fine, usually with that type of fault theres not many causes. A way to tell for sure would be to use a disk to boot the computer and test the drive.

Youtube and google are your friends :D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement