Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchange at Oldtown, Co. Dublin

Options
  • 10-10-2013 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭

Will this exchange EVER get upgraded to be DSL enabled ? 

It seems to be the only exchange, in all of the county of Dublin, to not be enabled to which I'm 2448m away from...

Really annoying situation I'm currently in, where the only options for broadband for me now is useless Mobile [3G] (Miniscule data caps) and Satellite (Expensive, and dire latency)... both of which are not really broadband to begin with in today's standards...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

BeerWolf wrote: »

It seems to be the only exchange, in all of the county of Dublin, to not be enabled to which I'm 2448m away from...

Really annoying situation I'm currently in, where the only options for broadband for me now is useless Mobile [3G] (Miniscule data caps) and Satellite (Expensive, and dire latency)... both of which are not really broadband to begin with in today's standards...
    Hi BeerWolf

I've double checked plans for the Oldtown exchange and I can confirm that there are still yet to be plans established for DSL enablement.

I can understand how disapointing this news is and I'm sorry for this and any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

What a surprise - it's 2013 and still no DSL... which has been introduced into Ireland way back in 2002...

<_<;

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AccordT

Hi BeerWolf

I've double checked plans for the Oldtown exchange and I can confirm that there are still yet to be plans established for DSL enablement.

I can understand how disapointing this news is and I'm sorry for this and any inconvenience caused.

Thanks

Al
    Hi all,

I live in Oldtown also and we run our business from here which depends hugely on a decent internet connection. 

We are currently getting 1.75mbps download speed. It is really really slow for our work load. I look at adverts on the internet about companies offering speeds of 20mpbs, 70mpbs and even 200mpbs!!! It is hard to even imagine what that must feel like. Did you ever try downloading the home page of Google Maps at our speed?? Its more fun watching paint dry! When customers email us about documents it is embarrassing, it really takes ages to upload or download the docs. We try to distract them on the phone while we watch the egg timer wait to open the page... Please please please Eircom think about the little people for a change!!

Kindly yours,

A loyal but frustrated Eircom customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

AccordT wrote: »

Hi BeerWolf

Thanks

Al
    Hi all,

I live in Oldtown also and we run our business from here which depends hugely on a decent internet connection. 

We are currently getting 1.75mbps download speed. It is really really slow for our work load. I look at adverts on the internet about companies offering speeds of 20mpbs, 70mpbs and even 200mpbs!!! It is hard to even imagine what that must feel like. Did you ever try downloading the home page of Google Maps at our speed?? Its more fun watching paint dry! When customers email us about documents it is embarrassing, it really takes ages to upload or download the docs. We try to distract them on the phone while we watch the egg timer wait to open the page... Please please please Eircom think about the little people for a change!!

Kindly yours,

A loyal but frustrated Eircom customer.
    Hi AccordT

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues this has created for you and your business. I will of course pass on your feedback to operations.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement