Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Phone Issue

Options
  • 10-10-2013 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭

I have a UPC bundle, TV, Phone & Broadband, I've never had any issues with any of the services at all.

I tried to make a call to 4 different UK numbers yesterday and got a pre-recorded mail voice saying that the call couldn't be connected.

I was able to get through to the numbers using an online VOIP provider.

I then rang UPC support, very nice guy, and he suggested that the issue of not being able to call UK numbers was due to a signal issue on my line, I kindly argued the point that if it was a signal issue that it would affect all calls and not just UK calls as all local and national calls are fine, never any drops in any services which I was told I should be experiencing.

Now he wants to send out a technician to test my line due to the signal issue he said he came across.

Am I being silly in thinking that this is just a rouse to shut me up as I'm pretty sure it's an issue on UPC's side as the calls have to go to their servers and then are routed out to wherever they are going and that it's nothing to do with any of my local equipment or line?

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

If they were premium rate numbers they may be blocked. Some providers don't route to UK 0844/0845 numbers. What was the start of the number?

If you're able to make calls to Ireland, there's very likely nothing wrong with your equipment. Its probably the STB or something on their side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Thanks for the reply Mr. G. All the numbers started with 087 except one which was +44 121.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

That +44 121 is a landline. I don't see why there would be an issue with calling that.

The +44 870 is a non geographic number.

Maybe UPC haven't setup routes on their side for those numbers. I'd imagine they should have done the +44 121 number though.

You don't have any call barring on international calls on your account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

No, there's no call barring on any numbers, I get free minutes to international numbers as part of the package I'm on with them.

Advertisement