Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap gas cylinders Sligo

Options
  • 10-10-2013 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi guys. I've just bought a Superser heater for the winter. I'm wondering if the cylinders vary in price depending where you shop. Sligo Fuels is selling them at almost €36. Does anyone know of anywhere cheaper. I have a replacement cylinder.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Theres very few companies doing gas. If you get it cheaper it'll only be a euro or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 blahblahxx

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Theres very few companies doing gas. If you get it cheaper it'll only be a euro or two.
    Thanks. I had a look in Mullens garage earlier, and they're €33. Will check out a few other places first. But even €3 savings per cylinder all adds up :-)

blahblahxx wrote: »
    Thanks. I had a look in Mullens garage earlier, and they're €33. Will check out a few other places first. But even €3 savings per cylinder all adds up :-)

Parkes garage in Ballisodare sell them for €34.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

28.50 in pet stop in carraroe, cheapest I've seen

That's a good price. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

It's about the same in Connacht Gold on the docks according to their leaflet

Just to let anyone that's interested know. I got a cylinderbin Pet Store Carraroe for €28.50. It's a good saving on anywhere else I looked. If you see them any cheaper let me know :-)

*cylinder in

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

The farmer's market in Grange (Behind the pharmacy) on a Saturday. €25. He's usually sold out by lunchtime. I've been getting it off him for the last 12 months. No complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

sligojoek wrote: »
    The farmer's market in Grange (Behind the pharmacy) on a Saturday. €25. He's usually sold out by lunchtime. I've been getting it off him for the last 12 months. No complaints.

Went out there today, not so much a farmers market as one man selling stuff out the back of his van. Arrived at 10, waited for an hour and he never turned up. Wasted journey, apparently he turns up when he feels like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Went out there today, not so much a farmers market as one man selling stuff out the back of his van. Arrived at 10, waited for an hour and he never turned up. Wasted journey, apparently he turns up when he feels like it.

I'm sorry about that. I posted that in good faith. He's always been there anytime I called.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

sligojoek wrote: »
    I'm sorry about that. I posted that in good faith. He's always been there anytime I called.

Oh its not your fault, but I wouldn't be pushed about going out again - would probably call the pharmacy in advance before making a wasted journey.

Advertisement