Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming pools in Cork City?

Options
  • 10-10-2013 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am moving to Cork next week and I don't know the city at all. I'm keen to join a Fitness centre. I use the gym more than pool, but love having access to pool/sauna/steam room from time to time. It appears the big leisure centres with both gym&pool are they are pretty expensive, therefore it might be better to join a gym only and try to use a swimming pool on pay as I go basis...

So... my question: does anyone know of any pool that you can use on pay as you go basis? I know from googling that there is one at Bishopstown (leisureworld), but ideally I would like somewhere on the east side of the city as I will be living in Mahon.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

The Radisson in Little Island,only a 5 min drive from Mahon have what you ask.Dont know do they have pay as you go though.

http://www.radissonblu.ie/hotel-cork/services/spa

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Brookefield is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Leisureword bishopstown is only a 10min drive from mahon if you stick to non peak trafcic times. They also have one in Churchfield but that might be a little further away.
    Douglas is close and has a public pool but not sure about a sauna tho.

Advertisement