Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dubai or Abu Dhabi?

Options
  • 09-10-2013 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Not sure if this is the best place to put my question but I am also thinking of going to Dubai next year, does anyone have any advice on which is better: Dubai or Abu Dhabi? I'm thinking of doing TEFL... found another thread relating to this but it was closed :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Thread moved, think it's better suited here.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Define better. :)

Dubai is high-intensity, in-your-face, the-craic-is-90 type of place, whereas Abu Dhabi is much more low-key and civilised.

Personally, I love Dubai. I'm living in another part of the Middle East and Dubai is my escape. It's party central.

However, Abu Dhabi has its charms too. Lovely people, much more laid back, plus there is the Formula 1 track and the whole Yas Island thing (lots of concerts and events).

It depends on your personal preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭roryq

I live in Dubai, Tom pretty summed up perfectly there.

I prefer Dubai to Abu Dhabi a lot more happening in Dubai as in concerts and activities in the Winter.

Also a marginally lower cost of living in Dubai i.e. housing and such.

Advertisement