Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diahatsu fourtrak

• 10-10-2013 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Afternoon all
    I have a 00 fourtrak, can anybody tell me the safe wading depth without any modifications, please and thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭visual

I don't know the specifics for a fourtrack

so this is more generalised reply

all 4x4's can wade up to axle without any modification. (halfway up wheels)

Then it depends on where the breeders are for axles, gear box, transfer, engine.

most jeeps will have hoses that extend the breeder holes upwards

But these rubber hoses can come off or perish over time. so if you plan going wading higher than axle check that they are in place.

it may be difficult to find breeder holes / tubes for gearbox and transfer as they are often on top gearbox next to body.

Worse case if you do go too deep the fluids will become contaminated with dirty water and cause damage over time.

The big stopper is the air intake for engine its usually about headlight height
    suck in water there and your engine will possibly be damaged beyond repair.

To equip your 4x4 to wade deeper you would put snorkel on engine air intake and raise up all the breeding tubes.

solid axles have a breeder valve usually on one shaft about mid way from pumpkin to wheel. The reason for the breeder is that as the oil heats it expands pushing out air and when it cools it contracts sucking back in a little air.

once the engine is left running the exhaust will look after its self.

personally on mine I only wade up to bottom of door as I like my carpets. :D

Advertisement