Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any races Christmas Day 2013?

Options
  • 10-10-2013 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭

I know there will be GOAL miles events around the country, but does anyone know of anything longer? Dublin / Kildare!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

RunRoryRun wrote: »
    I know there will be GOAL miles events around the country, but does anyone know of anything longer? Dublin / Kildare!

Thanks

The only race for me that day will be the one to the chocolates

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

RunRoryRun wrote: »

Thanks
    Crikey....us Race Organisers have to have a life too! Christmas Day???
    Where is anone gonna get all the people required to organise the race...stewards, finish line personnel, results. Venue...cost an arm & a leg, if you could find one that will open. Chip timing...probably about €10 a head, given the day.

Christmas Day??? :eek:....Naw ..., I reckon your goose is cooked.

On the other hand, as you say, the Goal Mile will be on at lots of venues around the country....(touch wood), I'm going for my 30th consecutive year of Goal Miles! :D Great craic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

The GOAL mile will have to do....could just keep going round and round i suppose?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

I usually do several; warm up mile(s), Hard mile and a couple of warm down miles, plus run/jog during interval between miles.

...then go home to "What took you so long? I thought it was only a mile!! :eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Must be planning to pre empting one big turkey dinner :D

Best bet is Stephens day plenty of races around then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭RunRoryRun

i want a guilt free christmas dinner and drinks. hoping i won't be able to move on St Stephens Day.

Advertisement