Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billed for excess usage on Broadband Advanced Unlimited plan

Options
  • 10-10-2013 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi I am am user of eircom unlimited Broadband Advanced Unlimited however this month I hav been billed Broadband Excess Usage. Why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

dave_brent wrote: »
    Hi I am am user of eircom unlimited Broadband Advanced Unlimited however this month I hav been billed Broadband Excess Usage. Why?
    Hi dave_brent

Please PM me your account details and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Mendoza

Hey Brent,

Was wondering how you got on with your issue. I'm looking at my fathers bill now and he says he's been charged excess on the past two bills. 

In his case he was moved from next gen. Broadband basic with a 10gb cap. ( he reckons, a long time back,  that he was unlimited cap but that 10gb cap made its way on unrequested)

Before he got his last bill he got a letter inviting him to call a technician if he wanted to upgrade his package. He didnt respond as he didnt want to upgrade. However when his bill came out he had been put on a new tariff without his consent. 

The new package he's on now is 'broadband advanced' which has a usage allowance of 30gb a month, a considerable amount larger than 10gb, but he is now getting charged excess where he never had before.

Can you just be shifted of your old package like that? As he'd prefer to be on the package he was on. He'd also like to be reimbursed the difference between his old plan and what he was charged. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Mendoza wrote: »
    Hey Brent,

Was wondering how you got on with your issue. I'm looking at my fathers bill now and he says he's been charged excess on the past two bills. 

In his case he was moved from next gen. Broadband basic with a 10gb cap. ( he reckons, a long time back,  that he was unlimited cap but that 10gb cap made its way on unrequested)

Before he got his last bill he got a letter inviting him to call a technician if he wanted to upgrade his package. He didnt respond as he didnt want to upgrade. However when his bill came out he had been put on a new tariff without his consent. 

The new package he's on now is 'broadband advanced' which has a usage allowance of 30gb a month, a considerable amount larger than 10gb, but he is now getting charged excess where he never had before.

Can you just be shifted of your old package like that? As he'd prefer to be on the package he was on. He'd also like to be reimbursed the difference between his old plan and what he was charged. 
    Hi Mendoza

Have you checked your fathers usage details?

If you go to - http://bit.ly/IsEmj1

Then enter your telephone number and account number in the stats section on the right hand side of the page and you can view a more detailed overview of your usage

Or if you want to PM me with his eircom account number I can look into the usage charges.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Mendoza

Hey Brent,

Hi Mendoza

Then enter your telephone number and account number in the stats section on the right hand side of the page and you can view a more detailed overview of your usage

Or if you want to PM me with his eircom account number I can look into the usage charges.

Thanks, Mark

Well my thoughts were that its a bit mad that he had a small cap and slower speed and somehow never managed to go over yet now he's going over. Seems like upgrading him did him no favors as he was happy with what he was getting.

Doesn't matter anyway, i'll try getting him to switch he'd be getting tele, internet and phone elsewhere for the price he's paying - especially since he's going over his cap and your charging him an arm and a leg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hey Brent,

Hi Mendoza

Thanks, Mark

Well my thoughts were that its a bit mad that he had a small cap and slower speed and somehow never managed to go over yet now he's going over. Seems like upgrading him did him no favors as he was happy with what he was getting.

Doesn't matter anyway, i'll try getting him to switch he'd be getting tele, internet and phone elsewhere for the price he's paying - especially since he's going over his cap and your charging him an arm and a leg

Hi Mendoza

Sorry to hear this, the package download allowance was increased from 10GB to 30GB. If you would like to PM me his landline number I can check how much an upgrade to unlimited usage would be?

You may have previously PM'd Mark however Mark is no longer a rep here,

Many thanks

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement