Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Doctors in Carlow town

Options
  • 10-10-2013 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hello

I have a Sony Xperia T that needs fixing. The touchscreen is not reading touch so there is a loose cable in it.. Would anyone recommend a phone fixing place in Carlow town or indeed an onlineservice. Thank you.

(If anyone wants to recommend Trax Music Carlow. Please Dont. Trax had my phone to fix for 5 weeks+ up until this week. They could not source the right parts to fix the phone after ordering in the wrong parts in twice.
    I reckon that they dont have much experience with this phone model (sony xperia T) and I dont wanto bash them but they were really negligent in keeping me informed about exactly what was goin on with my phone over the 5 weeks (which is a long period of time!). They were also passive and rude when I did inquire. So I have taken it back still requiring repair. My time has been completely wasted there).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 carrie1234

Well don't go to that guy at the traffic lights are at pembroke , I think he sell flags too, he's brutal , I broke my iPhone screen , got one online and was going to attempt to fix it myself but my friend said don't as its quite difficult , so my husband went in with the phone and the fixing kit and explained the situation and the guy wasn't overjoyed at fixing it because we bought the fixing kit online , which I totally understand - but then don't agree to fix it !!!! he was still getting €3o for fixing it ,anyway he messed us around for the best part of the week in the end we ended up taking the unfixed phone but he didn't give us back all the tools that came with the kit, so be careful

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sineadkeo

Thanks for the heads up Carrie. I might head down to him and price how much it would be to fix anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I've used the guy down at Pembroke before and he was very good but i walked by there yesterday and he has closed down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

carrie1234 wrote: »
    Well don't go to that guy at the traffic lights are at pembroke , I think he sell flags too, he's brutal , I broke my iPhone screen , got one online and was going to attempt to fix it myself but my friend said don't as its quite difficult , so my husband went in with the phone and the fixing kit and explained the situation and the guy wasn't overjoyed at fixing it because we bought the fixing kit online , which I totally understand - but then don't agree to fix it !!!! he was still getting €3o for fixing it ,anyway he messed us around for the best part of the week in the end we ended up taking the unfixed phone but he didn't give us back all the tools that came with the kit, so be careful

I second this my wifes iphone was there for 3weeks waiting on a screen. In the end i took it back ordered the screen and fixed it myself for under €30 with the help of youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sineadkeo

Ok I am thinking I should just send the phone off to an online phone repair site. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I've used the guy down at Pembroke before and he was very good but i walked by there yesterday and he has closed down.

Closed every Wednesday as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Morf wrote: »
    Closed every Wednesday as far as I know.

Closed again today.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Closed again today.

Fair enough. Just saw you seemed to have checked on a Wednesday.

Open today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

"Mother, I wish to be a doctor.... a phone doctor!"

• Advertisement
Advertisement