Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If G. . . . .... BISCUITS!! ! !

• 10-10-2013 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ll2

Hello folks.

If God was proved to you, would you believe in him ?

E.g. I believe the taoiseach exists, but depending on the taoiseach I might not believe in him.

If it was ever proven to your satisfaction that God existed, would you believe in him ?

If so why, if not, why not ?

Are you a fan of cake and/or biscuits? 24 votes

Yes!!
    0%
    AW HELLL YEAHHHH! I AM!
    20%
    CorkfeenAmiraniPivot_AlTrianglaBobbyPropane 5 votes
    Sure, who the f*ck doesn't like them?
    37%
    CabaalSarky[Deleted User]Sycopat5uspectswampgaskylithAnimordWhatsernamex33 9 votes
    Biscuits are the best!
    20%
    OverhealredfacedbearcintecPopePalpatineMatt_Trakker 5 votes
    NO! Cake is the best!
    4%
    MrPudding 1 vote
    NO! Biscuits! !
    0%
    NO! Cake now SHUT up!
    4%
    Knex* 1 vote
    Ok, let's just accept they're both great!
    12%
    smaclZubeneschamaliObliq 3 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

AW HELLL YEAHHHH! I AM!
    Ll2 wrote: »
    E.g. I believe the taoiseach exists, but depending on the taoiseach I might not believe in him.

Your poll is difficult to take seriously when you say something as nonsensical as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Jaysus, account closed already. Didn't even bother to stick around for the traditional hissy fit screaming that we're all wrong and God CLEARLY exists because have you ever seen the wind?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

there's no proof of a god and yet loads of people believe in it,

closed account already, impressive!

Which god
    believe how
    What's going on

Does anyone have biscuits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Rereg of a banned user. Opened the account, made two posts and then closed the account immediately.

I'm not sure what the point is of starting a discussion thread that you're unable to get involved in...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

if an alien landed on earth tomorrow and claimed they were god, would you believe it?

Technology and knowledge can seem like magic to people that are backwards,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Define "God", is always the go-to answer here. :)

An alien could come along with irrefutable evidence that they were immortal and responsible for the creation of everything. Think Q from Star Trek*

The first question would be exactly that above - "That's really cool, and thanks. But what could a being of infinite power possibly gain from my worship?"

So in conclusion, even if "God" did appear tomorrow, I would see no reason to worship him or "believe" in him. Basically my life would continue as normal except that I'd have a few more answers".

*I'm aware that Q in that universe isn't actually God, and didn't create the universe. ST lore says that they're just evolved to the point of omnipotence, but aren't omniscient or necessarily immortal

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i can only answer the question if the existence of the questioner is proven to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

There we go threads looking a whole lot better now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

<votes proudly>

I had the most delicious slice of lemon cheesecake last night. It was...

<sunglasses>

... Divine.

<YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Hawaiian pizza, anyone?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Chocolate bikkies and or cake, I'm happy with both.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Ok, let's just accept they're both great!
    lazygal wrote: »
    Hawaiian pizza, anyone?

That was the eleventh commandment, you know, the one that got dropped and broken on the way down the hill. Thou shalt not put pineapple on a pizza!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

smacl wrote: »
    That was the eleventh commandment, you know, the one that got dropped and broken on the way down the hill. Thou shalt not put pineapple on a pizza!

It's blasphemous, but it's delicious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭swampgas

smacl wrote: »

Speaking of pineapple, we made some blackberry, apple & pineapple jam at home recently. Very nice indeed, considering blackberry and pineapple was a combo that I didn't really expect to work ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I just fixed my dishwasher, not sure if God helped me do it or not.
    It felt like it was all me though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

kylith wrote: »
    It's blasphemous, but it's delicious.

Sacrelicious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

biko wrote: »
    I just fixed my dishwasher, not sure if God helped me do it or not.
    It felt like it was all me though.

Huh, I've just painted three ceilings!

God didn't help, but biscuits did! Ergo, biscuits are God.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Huh, I've just painted three ceilings!

God didn't help, but biscuits did! Ergo, biscuits are God.

Ever painted any floors, or are they beneath you? Or is it all ceilings...nothing more than ceilings...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

pauldla wrote: »
    Ever painted any floors, or are they beneath you? Or is it all ceilings...nothing more than ceilings...

Ceilings are merely upside down floors. It's all about the perspective you see. Small and far away. Farr awayyyy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭pauldla

Jernal wrote: »
    Ceilings are merely upside down floors. It's all about the perspective you see. Small and far away. Farr awayyyy.

Ceilings are upside down floors? That's completely over my head, I'm afraid. You've floored me, Jernal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

pauldla wrote: »

Atheists don't get down on their knees. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

My Bannister needs painting but I am worried that as it is sort of halfway between the ceiling and the floor and is at a right angle to both that it makes me some sort of agnostic on the atheist scale...

While pondering this I had some divine lemon cheesecake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

AW HELLL YEAHHHH! I AM!
    This thread has raised a serious question in my mind that has made me question all my beliefs. Is a jaffa cake, a cake or a biscuit? Also what the hell is a fig roll?

If I don't like a particular biscuit, I can say I don't believe in it, right? So many endless questions raised by this unknown closed account.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Also what the hell is a fig roll?
    I'd be more interested to know what the hell a fig roll is for.

Advertisement