Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadbury Dairy Milk Range - New Packaging.

Options
  • 10-10-2013 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

At long as they don't change the recipe, it's ok.

Although I preferred the old style wrapping.

hnx3OL4.jpg

rsAeYU2.jpg

kbCG3Oj.jpg

28oGzX4.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I didn't like it at first, but the more I see it, it's grown on me. Dunno about the little illustrations of what 'flavour' each bar is. They could have been nicer. I do like the new text for Dairy Milk, it's definitely better than the old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Saw the advertising for this around town, and no Cadburys, it's not the same. The foil is an integral part of the Dairy Milk experience. The double foil on a Golden Crisp too. Cheaper packaging for them is driving this I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

It could be an anti tampering measure too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

At long as they don't change the recipe, it's ok.

Although I preferred the old style wrapping.

hnx3OL4.jpg

rsAeYU2.jpg

kbCG3Oj.jpg

28oGzX4.jpg

They HAVE changed the recipe.they now use english produced cocoa butter imported to ireland and english mass.they closed the facility in coolock.i.m not sure when the "english" chocolate will hit the retail shelves here,but sometime soon.even the english said our dairymilk tasted much bettet then theirs.i think cadburys may have shot themselves in the foot,although in the grand scheme of things we are only a small market.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

They HAVE changed the recipe.they now use english produced cocoa butter imported to ireland and english mass.

What's 'english mass"?

Shame about them changing the recipe.

What's a good milk chocolate alternative?

Will start trying out some of the Aldi / Lidl range.

• Advertisement

What's 'english mass"?

Shame about them changing the recipe.

Mass is whats produced after compressing the cocoa beans,you get cake and cocoa butter.the cake is milled down and and mixed with cocoa butter to get a liquid mass which is mixed with milk and sugar and put into huge ovens to get "crumb". This crumb is then whats used to make chocolate.this is what made the chocolate made in ireland unique.they closed this facility in the cadburys dublin factory in june,its all being imported from england now,which will make our dairymilk etc taste like the english chocolate.they have a different process.

Cadbury's is just a division of a US Multinational now though.

Mondelēz International, Inc

It owns a LOT of brands : http://www.mondelezinternational.com/Brands/index.aspx

Also owns Toblerone and Milka and LU (popular in France).

Many of Kraft's snack food products were spun out into this entity.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭fairyribbon

I would think that this type of packaging would be more difficult for elderly people to open ?A lot more effort would be in to gripping and tearing it open than the regular foil and paper . what do you guys think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

cson wrote: »
    The foil is an integral part of the Dairy Milk experience.
    +1, running your finger on it and snapping it. It also allowed it to be wrapped back up nicely if you only wanted half.

I get lidls ones, they have several hazelnut bars. One is finely chopped, there is a whole nut one with 23 or 24% hazel nuts (dairy milk is a miserable 12%). I prefer the lidl chocolate too

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Far Q Boss

They HAVE changed the recipe.they now use english produced cocoa butter imported to ireland and english mass.they closed the facility in coolock.i.m not sure when the "english" chocolate will hit the retail shelves here,but sometime soon.even the english said our dairymilk tasted much bettet then theirs.i think cadburys may have shot themselves in the foot,although in the grand scheme of things we are only a small market.

Different product, but a Cadbury's product none the less. Just had a few from a pack, they taste horrible! The chocolate is too soft and there's no real taste off them, CAdbury's have screwed up, I'll buy no more.....

• Advertisement

Far Q Boss wrote: »
    Different product, but a Cadbury's product none the less. Just had a few from a pack, they taste horrible! The chocolate is too soft and there's no real taste off them, CAdbury's have screwed up, I'll buy no more.....

Yes they have screwed up big time.the dairy milk products anyone eats now are all English recipe,which never tasted as nice as the old Irish recipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

I compared the two Wholenut bars and the new one is definitely sweeter.

That's the end of Cadburys for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Did you compare the weights?

Think you should ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I used to love the carmello one, I had one yesterday and they are awful! i will not be buying again.

Sounds like what happened with 'New Coke' !

Reformulating iconic food and drink products is usually a bad idea.

Advertisement