Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Panasonic DMP-MS10EB-K Smart Networking Streaming Player

• 10-10-2013 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00BYUGN7Y/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new

I found this on HKUD for £29.99. plus €3.50 parcel motel
    Use the link to get to it.

Product Description

Product Description

Panasonic DMP-MS10 Digital Media Streamer

The MS10 Digital Media Streamer is the smart way to upgrade your TV to the latest "Smart" features. Connect the MS10 to your home network via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable and hook up to your TV via HDMI. Included are internet provided services such as BBC iPlayer, Netflix and YouTube for easy enjoyment of catch-up TV, movies and streaming video. Or access your own digital still pictures or video contents via DLNA. The MS10 even employs Miracast, enabling you to enjoy smartphone or tablet content on your flatscreen TV.
    ms10_hand_lores.jpg The palm-sized media streamer easily fits under the TV Click here for a larger image

Prismatic Cut, Compact Design

The elegant prismatic cut form of the MS10 not only makes the unit appear slimmer but also compliments any stylishly decorated room. At just 126mm square by 29mm high, this small unit is easily accommodated beneath your TV.
    Smart TV and Networking

miracast_web.jpg Contents of your smartphone mirrored on your TV

Miracast Wi-Fi Direct Streaming for Large Screen Enjoyment

Miracast mirrors the contents of certified Android smartphones and tablets and lets you view them through your TV. Now you can enjoy viewing pictures or videos and even games that are installed on your phone, on a large screen TV. Miracast connections are formed using Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Wi-Fi Direct, so access to a Wi-Fi network is not needed. *Compatible with Miracast certified Android devices, Ver.4.2 and above.
    Selected Online Services

Connect to a number of free and subscription internet provided services including Video on Demand services such as BBC iPlayer, Netflix and YouTube and Social Network services Facebook, Twitter and Picasa. *Requires Broadband internet connection.
    externalhddplayback2_web.jpg Playback support for content on external HDDs Click here for a larger image

DLNA Client

DLNA-certified products can access content stored on other DLNA-certified products even if they're in another room. Enjoy digital photos (JPEG), music (MP3, WMA) and videos (AVCHD, WMV) stored on a Windows 7 (or above) PC, for example, by simply connecting to a home network (LAN), either wired or wirelessly.
    External HDD Playback through USB

This Panasonic product is compatible with external hard disk drives connected via USB. You can enjoy music (FLAC, MP3), photos (JPEG), and video content (MKV, MP4) archived on an external HDD. Most drives are compatible, even the latest NTFS (New Technology File System) format. *Playback is not guaranteed with all external HDD models.
    usbmediaplayback_web.jpg USB input for media playback

Stream High Quality Audio File Formats

If you like to store high quality audio files such as WAV or FLAC on a Network Attached Storage (NAS) drive for convenience, with this model you can access those files over your LAN network and play them back in the best quality through an attached Hi-Fi system.
    Wi-Fi Built-in

Wi-Fi is built right into the main unit so you can enjoy internet VOD services, DLNA sharing and downloadable firmware updates without having to connect with a LAN cable. *A wireless LAN environment is required.
    USB Media Playback

Using the built-in USB slot you can enjoy photos, movies or music archived on a USB memory device or external hard disk drive. *Compatible file formats only.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Del007

Does this have an internet browser?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Free UK delivery and €3.50 for Parcel Motel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

nice find....

free Ireland delivery because its >25 pounds. I feel a misprice coming on though

EDIT: maybe not, its on currys uk for 30 pounds also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

trad wrote: »
    Free UK delivery and €3.50 for Parcel Motel
    i added it:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Del007

does anyone know if this has an internet browser???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭stooge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

this review says it will only play MKVs from USB, and not from the network. can anyone confirm that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Silly question - does this have a power supply? Thinking of all the plugs already there! In the video it looks like there's an on/off switch so I'm guessing it does?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

Silly question - does this have a power supply? Thinking of all the plugs already there! In the video it looks like there's an on/off switch so I'm guessing it does?

It says that the box contains remote control, instructions & mains cable so it would have its own power supply/plug.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭J@yK@y

I would like something like this for Netflix and also playing movies off my NAS drive. It seems to tick the box for Netflix.

Directly from another Panasonic TV I can currently access the NAS drive (Zyxel NSA310) and play most movie file types. Do you think this box will also be able to access the NAS drive? The description mentions the ability to access NAS and play audio files...but not video.

Will it find the NAS drive via the DNLA Media Player route?

<edit>
    I may have found my answer:

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/media-streamers/1301440/panasonic-dmp-ms10

MEDIA FRENZY
    Although its online services are limited, the DMP-MS10 is fantastic if you want to stream media from your NAS device or a drive attached to its USB port. We had no trouble streaming Full HD video from our Synology NAS and no problem playing H.264, MPEG4 and XVID HD files. We could also play AAC, WMA, FLAC and MP3 audio files, so you should have no problem playing music, but we could only see JPG images.

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    this review says it will only play MKVs from USB, and not from the network. can anyone confirm that?

Thats Strange???
    EDIT I think thats because MKV cannot be streamed over DNLA however sometimes you will find that the codecs required allow them to be played or alternatively your server is set up as a storage device rather than a media server. My NSA325 has no trouble giving MKVs over a network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

even the latest NTFS (New Technology File System) format

:rolleyes:

NTFS was introduced by Windows NT in 1993... only 20 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

you know those marketing muppets...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I presume it's android OS?

It's also $32.30 on Amazon.com.
    It fits in your hand, so is this (possibly) a well known brand android stick?

The MST60 version has bad reviews, what's the main differences with this?

Sold out now at that price.
    More reviews on Amazon.com seem to say it's not very good, also does not have a browser.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-DMP-MS10-Network-Streaming-Built-In/product-reviews/B00AXXOBEU/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_summary?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=byRankDescending

think I will cancel, reviews are a bit pants...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

managed to snag one great price, Cheers OP!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

TheDriver wrote: »
    Thats Strange???
    EDIT I think thats because MKV cannot be streamed over DNLA however sometimes you will find that the codecs required allow them to be played or alternatively your server is set up as a storage device rather than a media server. My NSA325 has no trouble giving MKVs over a network

I play mkvs over DNLA no problem. Samsung tv with dlna capability and Synology DS212j NAS

I play mkvs over DNLA no problem. Samsung tv with dlna capability and Synology DS212j NAS

But you may have different content in the MKV container.
    MKV can contain many formats, Mpeg/WMV/DivX/H.264 and tons more.

So you could have MKV files wth different audio, Video and no menu's or Subtitles etc..

Some people can play MKV over DNLA no problem, while others say it's not possible. Both are correct, sort of..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭billbond4

I wanted something that does miracast so it will mirror my phones screen as it will be handy for photos and browsing the web.
    And will use it instead of wii for watching NEtflix.
    My TV supports USB HD so will still use that. for 35 odd euros its good value.

cancelled mine as reviews look too dodge and iffy.

order says it wont be shipped till end of october :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Allyall wrote: »
    But you may have different content in the MKV container.
    MKV can contain many formats, Mpeg/WMV/DivX/H.264 and tons more.

So you could have MKV files wth different audio, Video and no menu's or Subtitles etc..

Some people can play MKV over DNLA no problem, while others say it's not possible. Both are correct, sort of..

Been playing mkvs for years and it hasn't had a problem with any of them. Rangin from 30GB to 1.5GB. All proper h264 ones though. Mpeg and divx are not proper mkvs.

billbond4 wrote: »

That's a bargain for anyone who didn't get amazon ..only €119 :D

I wanted something that does miracast so it will mirror my phones screen as it will be handy for photos and browsing the web.
    And will use it instead of wii for watching NEtflix.
    My TV supports USB HD so will still use that. for 35 odd euros its good value.

I posted a link to something like that yesterday, but i can't remember which thread, or even if it was this forum.. - Mocreo iPush - €18.81 Delivered

That's a different model. Maybe the MST60EBS does have a web browser. I still wouldn't touch it, after reading the reviews.
    It doesn't say anything about a browser HERE or in THE VIDEO
    Been playing mkvs for years and it hasn't had a problem with any of them. Rangin from 30GB to 1.5GB. All proper h264 ones though. Mpeg and divx are not proper mkvs.

H.264 is Mpeg-4 part 10. But without going into it too much, you can stream MKV over DLNA if it's holding H.264 MP4.
    There are other versions that will stream in MKV, but many that won't. I think it will remain that way for a while, or until MKV is a finished container/format. Or until it's more predictable as to what is in the container.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

decided to cancel my order too, read many of the reviews and nearly all said video playback was jerky

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭J@yK@y

I am keeping my order in, my 2 year old panasonic TV has no issues playing most video files over Wi-Fi from a NAS, I assume there is similar (if not better) technology in this box. If is a good price anyway, definately worth it if it handles Netflix and NAS streaming.

• Advertisement

If it doesnt work it can be sent back to amazon without difficulty.

You'd be well gutted if you had bought the version from Littlewoods. Apart from the price..
    Non returnable under our Approval Guarantee, once installed or connected. Your statutory rights are not affected. See Returns section in our Help pages for more information.
    J@yK@y wrote: »
    I am keeping my order in, my 2 year old panasonic TV has no issues playing most video files over Wi-Fi from a NAS, I assume there is similar (if not better) technology in this box. If is a good price anyway, definately worth it if it handles Netflix and NAS streaming.

I wouldn't bet on there being better technology in this box.
    (Sorry for long edit, my internet keeps going down today :() From the amazon page -

Advertisement