Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tyre wearing too quickly

• 10-10-2013 2:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi I have cbr125 r, and the tires last around 6 months on the back. Tires im using are pirelli mt75. There wouldnt be anything wrong with that if the bike was very powerfull and skidding everywhre, except its not. I dont think a 12hp engine is able to burn tires that quickly. What could be the cause? Most of the wear is on the crown so it would suggest acceleration is to blame except the bike has 12hp!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Have you checked your tyre pressure is ok???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭szatan84

Currently it's 28.5 psi or 1.95 bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

i run 42psi in the rear of my trophy, i reckon 28 is on the low side, how many km's do you do in the 6mths?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭szatan84

Around 1500-2000km

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

google throws up 2.25 bar as being the correct rear tyre pressure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Its almost certainly your pressure.
    If its too low then you have more of the tyre in contact with the road then should be. Hence more wear.

It could also be that you are discarding a perfectly good tyre.

Do you have any pics of the "worn" tyre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

As previous posters pointed out sounds like the tire pressure is too low. Be careful after increasing the pressure as the bike will handle completely different, you might find that you can actually go around bends now :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    As previous posters pointed out sounds like the tire pressure is too low. Be careful after increasing the pressure as the bike will handle completely different, you might find that you can actually go around bends now :P

Thats what happened me!! hahaha!
    I was running 25 front an 26 back. I changed to 34 front an 36 back and it was waaaaaaay different!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭MonstaMash

Recommended tyre pressures for your bike here... http://motorcycles.wikia.com/wiki/Honda_CBR125R

Over-inflated just as bad as under-inflated...

Advertisement