Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best breakfast in Ennis?

• 10-10-2013 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

Where is the best breakfast in Ennis. I have eaten in the place across from Xtra-Vision in the market and found it ok only and have eaten in Sherwood and only found it ok as well. Preferably a medium fry with chips is what im looking for. Any recs

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Most of the hotels do a nice breakfast, personally I'm a fan of the Pepper Mill for breakfast, especially their omelettes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Breakfast bap in Suas (Carrig Donn) is my new vice. Bacon, duck egg and chorizo *drools*.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 347 ✭✭haybob

I think this has been done before as I found the Peppermill in the Quin road business park through boards.

I can't speak highly enough of the Peppermill both for breakfast and lunch

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It has been done a few times, some posters complain about the amount of restaurant threads on here, but sure things change so no harm having another 1 open

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

+1 for Pepper Mill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

The ''Builders'' in the Sherwood for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BRAIN FEEDs

the cleanest,tastiest breakfast in ennis is served up by the market bar formerly grace macarthys. € 6:95 or €5 on tuesdays.

doesnt matter when you go in there,its consistent,whereas others for me have served up burnt soggy rubbish on the odd occasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

the cleanest,tastiest breakfast in ennis is served up by the market bar formerly grace macarthys. € 6:95 or €5 on tuesdays.

doesnt matter when you go in there,its consistent,whereas others for me have served up burnt soggy rubbish on the odd occasion.

Tell us more about your business... :rolleyes:

The Dagda wrote: »
    Tell us more about your business... :rolleyes:

no coloumbo.

got feck all to do with the place,dont know any names of anyone who works there either.

whats your issue here?

**** posts like that,remind me why i dont post here.

the thread title is "best breakfast in ennis" is it not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

no coloumbo.

got feck all to do with the place,dont know any names of anyone who works there either.

whats your issue here?

**** posts like that,remind me why i dont post here.

the thread title is "best breakfast in ennis" is it not?

Methinks thou dust protest too much...

• Advertisement

If you have a problem with a post, report it and the moderators will deal with it, back seat moderating is a banable offence in a lot of forums on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Bewleys is good, Snack Shack in Abbey St., G Cafe, Cairde was good at the start but slipped -(that waiter doesn't help!)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭yoppo

Soupers in the O'Mahonys laneway is nice. Got it a few times. Also think its €6.50 which isn't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

Couldn't agree with the earlier hotels comment , have found both OG and WC to be quite poor , it's the pepper mill for me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

I have to second The Market Bar, great breakfast and equally great lunches in a lovely setting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Warper wrote: »
    Where is the best breakfast in Ennis. I have eaten in the place across from Xtra-Vision in the market and found it ok only and have eaten in Sherwood and only found it ok as well. Preferably a medium fry with chips is what im looking for. Any recs

Good god I went into this place across from xtra Vision on Saturday to be greeted by an oveprowering smell from the deep fat fryer, almost turned and walked but the guy seemed nice and it was quiet so I said we'll give it a go.

Bad idea. First off - bad coffee - no biggee as this is far more common than good coffee.

The mini breakfast arrived - beans and hash browns edible, eggs swimming in fat, sausages were brutal - didn't seem like pork at all. Omelette was also inedible as it seemed to be sweating grease. We ate what we could and left but it was terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

buck65 wrote: »
    Good god I went into this place across from xtra Vision on Saturday to be greeted by an oveprowering smell from the deep fat fryer, almost turned and walked but the guy seemed nice and it was quiet so I said we'll give it a go.

Bad idea. First off - bad coffee - no biggee as this is far more common than good coffee.

The mini breakfast arrived - beans and hash browns edible, eggs swimming in fat, sausages were brutal - didn't seem like pork at all. Omelette was also inedible as it seemed to be sweating grease. We ate what we could and left but it was terrible.

I don't think they serve pork there, so your sausages weren't the nicest :)

i had breakfast in yolos yesterday for the first time,grand job i guess.... i didnt pay for it so cant comment on price,but it was decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

+1 for the Peppermill, we always make a point of eating there on days of the mart. Be it breakfast or dinner it's lovely stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

+1 market bar, also love cairde

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Slightly off topic

I was in Cairde recently, I had their Fish Pie, I thought it was really lovely home-cooking and very reasonably priced. Their service was very slow though and I felt we were forgotten about as we were seated upstairs. We ended up going elsewhere for coffee and dessert.

I'll definitely go back though, I couldn't fault the food.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭CheltenhamJ

More importantly where did you go for dessert and what was it like ?

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭blowin3

We ate in Charda and it was A1. I had the egg benedict and my wife the chowder. It was very nice and clean but than again for a bowel of soup and two poached eggs costing nearly 18e it would want to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sineead

Chaired do fantastic breakfast, great portions and tea or coffee for 7.50

Advertisement