Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Litter champ, has anyone tried it?

• 10-10-2013 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

I saw the Litter champ on Zooplus and am thinking of getting one. The idea seems to be that it's basically a triple sealed cat litter bin that looks like a pedal bin, that you can put used litter into and that doesn't whiff. During the Winter our back garden gets the worst of the weather and I hate going out there unless I have to, but I wouldn't put the bags of cat poop in the kitchen bin.

Then in Summer the bin pongs in the heat. Just wondered if anyone had tried it and if it's any good.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I haven't used this one exactly...but a similar one from Zooplus called the Litter Locker It definitely worked with regards to keeping the smells in, but the cartridges with the bags were so expensive to replace and the opening wasnt really wide enough at the top either. I did use my own bags, but that became a pain too and looked awful aswell, so I sold it :D

The replacement bags look very expensive for that for only 3 bags. I just use a small wide necked lockable bin which works fine for me and was only €3 :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Can only echo anniehoo on Litter Locker; we buy replacement on Ebay and yea the cartridge is expensive but the smell reduction (we got 6 toilets in 3 rooms) makes is soooo worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

I'm a fan of the Litter Locker II as well. I know the cartridges are expensive, but worth it for the convenience!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

The Angelcare refills fit some of the Litter Lockers.
    (Made by same company). The Angelcare are seriously cheaper
    especially if you buy via Amazon.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00143XJ7I/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Advertisement