Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holasearch?

Options
  • 10-10-2013 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

How do I get rid of Holasearch from the laptop, it seems to have attached it self to Google chrome. I tried to uninstall it from the control panel but I couldn't find it listed unless it has another name there. What else can I do as I am not a techie? Hope this is the right forum.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

One thread is sufficient so locking the other. I'd run ADWCleaner and see how you get on. Nor harm running a MBAM free scan either :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭jupiter00

Thanks for reply. I uninstalled google chrome and that got rid of it, then reinstalled google.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

jupiter00 wrote: »
    Thanks for reply. I uninstalled google chrome and that got rid of it, then reinstalled google.
    Just an FYI for next time, Chrome has Homepages and Search Engines and often when you use the address bar, this ad-filled websites take this preference. In Settings you can adjust them using "Manage Search Engines". An uninstall wasn't necessary but thankfully it's a quick process.

chrome-change-search-engine-3.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

I suspect that if you use IE this will also be affected by this hijacking search engine. Best to get rid of the rogue s/w to be fully sure.

Advertisement