Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Case International 784

• 10-10-2013 5:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭

Lads,
    Case International 784 2WD Any opinions on these tractors reason is I came across one parked up down the back of a farm yesterday. I'd say its been left a while. Its a 2wd actually has a loader and a topper on the back of it. It has 5000 hrs on the clock. The tin work is actually pretty good apart from the rear mudguards.
    I've no knowldege at the moment of why it was parked but it looks too good to leave there would it be worth restoring are they good/back yokes in general.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

PN14 wrote: »
    Lads,
    Case International 784 2WD Any opinions on these tractors reason is I came across one parked up down the back of a farm yesterday. I'd say its been left a while. Its a 2wd actually has a loader and a topper on the back of it. It has 5000 hrs on the clock. The tin work is actually pretty good apart from the rear mudguards.
    I've no knowldege at the moment of why it was parked but it looks too good to leave there would it be worth restoring are they good/back yokes in general.

Have no experience of using one of them but a neighbour has a one and it never gave him much bother he only uses it for light work. I'm looking to buy one in the new year have been looking on donedeal and a good looking one goes for 2500_3000. Firstly go find out why its parked up. I'm sure some farmers on here have more knowledge about them than me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭John J. Lyons

splines go in the box , hydraulic pump, can be expensive to repair as parts are expensive , gear linkages wear and are prone to getting stuck in gear, great work horse very reliable tractors- its def worth a gamble if only something small is wrong and can be bought for reasonable money ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭PN14

Thanks lads I might try and find out why she was parked up. Faucheux loader on front and mounted beklmac topper on rear. Its hard to know how long its there tyres dont look perished or anything and only one of the rears are flat. The problem is that it looks almost too good to have parked up without it having a serious issue although the farm was sold by the original owner a few years ago to a developer, (farm currently rented), so maybe it has been forgotten about. Some pictures below poor quality though. Don't know a lot about them we always had MF here and there would never have been many case / internationals in our locality as there was never a dealer local.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭dooroy

Brother has one for a few years - and as said a reliable tractor .
    Clutch did go - worn splines on one of the gearbox shafts but it could be changed ( was told on the web that it probably had done a lot of stationary PTO work that caused the spline wear )
    We split it and did all the work ourselves - loads of information on the web as they are popular all over the world . I got help on the web from a guy in NZ for example .
    A local guy with a small lathe made up some 'fittings' that sorted out the gear linkage .
    Were a well specced tractor for their time .

Advertisement