Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traditional House vs Sustainable House

Options
  • 10-10-2013 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi All,

I am currently studying Building Surveying and I am in my final year

I am currently doing my dissertation, and have a proposed topic titled "Traditional House vs Sustainable House" in which I hope to discuss how a sustainable house (roughly 240m2) is more sustainable than a traditional house (using the tgds 2008 part l as a standard cavity wall)

Does anybody have any ideas of what approach i could take, while not going too broad and not fully concentrating my thesis on costs?

It is a broad topic but i have a interest in using and discussing different materials if that is any help. I have also worked on the construction of what could be called a sustainable house and used different materials such as lightweight blocks, different insulation, extra approaches to moisture penetration etc. I was maybe intending on making a case study out of this experience.
    It would be much appreciated if you could share them with me

Thanks,
    Martyhuggins

Comments

Advertisement