Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork City -v- Shelbourne FC: KO 8pm *Live on Setanta Ireland*

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

CSF wrote: »
    Symptomatic of the Matthews reign. Another goal his fault. What a horrible centre back.

He's always been criminally overrated too. Gavin covered many of his flaws in Drogheda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,578 ✭✭✭✭CSF

8 league games without a win now, pressure starting to build on the boss or does he deserve a free pass due to the Mathews fiasco?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

8 league games without a win now, pressure starting to build on the boss or does he deserve a free pass due to the Mathews fiasco?
    Its still Matthews team of crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

FFS we're really making this difficult for ourselves.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

What a crazy game.

dan1895 wrote: »
    Its still Matthews team of crap.
    It is, but the question has to be asked why Johnny Mac can't organise a defence.

Graham Gartland, please retire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Well, Johnny Mac seems like a nice bloke. That's relevant because the A Mathews was not a nice bloke and that was one of the things that got him in the end.

Mathews got more out of Cork than Johnny Mac has..oh what the fyck? 5-3?

We're awful, really.

It is, but the question has to be asked why Johnny Mac can't organise a defence.

Because some of those players are just sh*t and lazy. Gartland looks like he doesnt give a f*ck.

• Advertisement

dan1895 wrote: »
    Because some of those players are just sh*t and lazy. Gartland looks like he doesnt give a f*ck.
    Gartland must not play in a red shirt again.

Wishful thinking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

City 5 Shels 3....love playing Shels!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Happy with that. Made it hard for ourselves though.

Scoreline flatters Shels though. They belong in the first division playing like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,721 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Why am I never there for a 5 - 3 win....

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

What does everyone think of Daryl Horgan? Saw a few of his goals which looked saucy. Is he a flash in the pan or a player in the making

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

FFS the one time I am working late.

I have seen some quality goals at the Cross though all same this season so cant complain too much.

Happy out when heard result.

james123 wrote: »
    What does everyone think of Daryl Horgan? Saw a few of his goals which looked saucy. Is he a flash in the pan or a player in the making

I be honest any goal I have seen him score has been quality.

Like any player in his position can be in and out of games, and at times is bit wasteful, but give him enough ball he do damage with 1 or 2.

He sure has the potential and game. Needs to maybe step it up a gear if say he wants go in England, but he has the ability imo anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

james123 wrote: »
    When you try the spectacular every single time you get the ball its bound to come off now and again. He has ability but because of that he's never had to learn how to play football. He'd be found out pretty quick at a higher level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

22 players on the field at any one time...not a single centre half among them, some shocking defending from crosses, but made for an enjoyable game

AgileMyth wrote: »
    When you try the spectacular every single time you get the ball its bound to come off now and again. He has ability but because of that he's never had to learn how to play football. He'd be found out pretty quick at a higher level.

Its obvious you have never seen him play much.

He might struggle at higher level that is a question yet to be answered, but he sure as hell does not try spectacular all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

He doesn't try it all the time actually, doesnt usually have a lot of shots in a game in fact. His passing and concentration are the 2 things he'd definitely need to work on more. I too think he'd struggle at a very high level, but to say he can't play football is ridiculous.

I've seen him maybe 10-15 times between when he was with us and the games against us since.

Thats been my impression every time. The last game against ye was probably the worst example of it. Shot from distance every time.

Just thinking of players we've had in his position over the past few years I'd have Djilali, Raf, Green, Boco, McCabe all ahead of him and I'm probably forgetting one or two.

Decent player but hes found his level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I've seen him maybe 10-15 times between when he was with us and the games against us since.

Thats been my impression every time. The last game against ye was probably the worst example of it. Shot from distance every time.

Just thinking of players we've had in his position over the past few years I'd have Djilali, Raf, Green, Boco, McCabe all ahead of him and I'm probably forgetting one or two.

Decent player but hes found his level.

Certainly wouldn't have Cretaro or Green on the wing ahead of him. He's improved a lot of his game since he first joined, his crossing and finishing for one. He's also a bit smarter on the ball than even last season. Don't think you've seen enough of him if im honest, games against ye we wouldnt exactly be at our most attacking.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Horgan is an excellent player to have..

I couldn't believe Shels signed him at the start of the season. He was enough reason to sack Kenny last year.

Corholio wrote: »
    Certainly wouldn't have Cretaro or Green on the wing ahead of him. He's improved a lot of his game since he first joined, his crossing and finishing for one. He's also a bit smarter on the ball than even last season. Don't think you've seen enough of him if im honest, games against ye we wouldnt exactly be at our most attacking.
    I'd have Greene ahead of nearly anyone.

We'll agree to disagree on Horgan but I'm certain he won't make it at a higher level. Expect him to flop at Shamrocks next season like everybody else who has a decent season these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

****ing Brennan does my tits in, comes on, Cork lads passing it around without a bother and Brennan is standing there aimlessly! F*CKING PRESSURE THEM!

All in all, it started well with some great scenes of celebration after the 1st goal but everyone knew what was going to happen!

Cork played some quality ball and deserved the win, we hadn't a hope!

Up since 7am, just in the door and back in up in 5 hours for work! Why do I do it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭older i get better i was

well done, you went down and supported the club we love, but i fear for our future.

Advertisement