Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smyths toy store

Options
  • 10-10-2013 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

I put a 20eur deposit down on a Play Station 4 a few months ago and now have decided not to get it. Am I entitled to the 20 euro back from Smyths?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Not for a change of mind, no. Unless there are terms to the contrary on the deposit.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭John.

:(

So unless I buy the Play Station or it says somewhere on the receipt, I'm 20 euro down?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Usually its a 20e non refundable deposit ,

Gatling wrote: »
    Usually its a 20e non refundable deposit ,

Damn!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I'm sure someone will take your booking and pay you the 20 for it considering these will sell out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

You're not entitled to one, but generally if you want to use it against something else, they'd probably let you.

Ask for a supervisor and be very nice to her/him.

I just rang them (they didnt answer earlier, hence why i posted here).. They said its no problem getting a refund, and that I dont even need a receipt because they have my phone number and email address from when I pre-ordered it.

Thanks for the quick replies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Which Smyths, I'm looking to book one myself! :D

Advertisement