Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drumcondra Dog walking

• 10-10-2013 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

Is there anyone living in the drumcondra area that has dogs or would like to walk a dog regularly?

I am living in the area and don't like my dog sitting at home while im in work. Perhaps there is somebody already walks dogs and might take her (4 months Pug) for a walk as well. Im willing to pay a small amount but not near commercial prices.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Is there anyone living in the drumcondra area that has dogs or would like to walk a dog regularly?

I am living in the area and don't like my dog sitting at home while im in work. Perhaps there is somebody already walks dogs and might take her (4 months Pug) for a walk as well. Im willing to pay a small amount but not near commercial prices.

I know of kids in the area walking dogs but tbh I wouldn't trust them with my dogs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Best of luck finding someone. You're right, it would definitely be nice for your dog to get out and about during the day. Just keep in mind that for commercial rates you can (should?) expect the walker to have certain things, like insurance and a canine first aid cert at the very least. There are some very high standard minders out there now with behavioural/training qualifications, they attend seminars and are constantly learning, then you have the kids out to make a quick few euro. So if you do end up having to pay higher rates make sure you get your moneys worth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I was going to suggest daycare but if you're not willing to pay €15-20 then that's out too... How much do you expect to pay btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 earleyk3

Hi,
    Are you still looking for someone to walk your dog? I live in drumcondra and walk my own dog usually in griffith park or just around the general area. I was looking into doing some dog walking in the area as im a student in dcu and could do with a little extra money to keep me going! I'd be happy to walk your dog for you if you are still interested?
    <PM for details>
    Thanks.

Advertisement