Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home reposession, going oncouncil list

Options
  • 10-10-2013 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

my house is currently inthe process of being reposessed. we are going on the council housing list.

my questions are,we are a family of 7,do i meet the requirementds of needing a 4bed house?is there rules for how many pr room like in the uk?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Have you spoke to the council first about your housing need

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

have filled in the applcation but havnt heard back from them

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mr.McLovin

have filled in the applcation but havnt heard back from them

give them a call and see if they have received your application and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Yes, there are rules, very similar to the UK. It will depend on the ages/genders of your children.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Sorry to hear this Tinkerbell.
    Apologies if I'm mixing you up with somebody else but did you mention before that you were living in affordable housing and so would have had contact with the council to start with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Tinkerbell4484

gaius c wrote: »
    Sorry to hear this Tinkerbell.
    Apologies if I'm mixing you up with somebody else but did you mention before that you were living in affordable housing and so would have had contact with the council to start with?

our house is shared ownership.basically they brought us in a few weeks ago,told us the mortgage was unsustainable and they would be reposessing it. the section we always deal with is the finance section.they say they have nothing at all to do with housing at all.housing are waiting for an emailfrom finance to let them know its being reposessed.
    kids ages range from 10-1. 4boys 1 girl.

Advertisement