Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carver 1800SC Gas Heater - How to fix the control knob?

Options
  • 10-10-2013 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

As you can see from the first picture the Control Knob has come loose from the rest of the heater.

How do I go about removing the Top cover (second picture) to reattach the Control Knob?

There are no obvious screws that are attaching the Top cover to the heater. There are screws attaching the heater to the floor of the van, but I presume I don't need to remove these to reattach the Control Knob?

Also, if anyone has a spare, or knows where to get a spare, Top cover to replace this broken one I'd be interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    As you can see from the first picture the Control Knob has come loose from the rest of the heater.

How do I go about removing the Top cover (second picture) to reattach the Control Knob?

There are no obvious screws that are attaching the Top cover to the heater. There are screws attaching the heater to the floor of the van, but I presume I don't need to remove these to reattach the Control Knob?

Also, if anyone has a spare, or knows where to get a spare, Top cover to replace this broken one I'd be interested.
    The whole front should clip off by pulling towards you, or else there'll be a few screws in it, near the edges. With that off , then you can remove the top section from the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Thanks Aidan. I will try that.

Is this a straight forward enough fix?
    Is it common enough that these Control Knobs come loose from the rest of the heater?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

ah not that common , and yeah , a reasonably simple fix.

Advertisement