Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minimum Wage? My Rate of Pay?

Options
  • 10-10-2013 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

hi all, I've been working in the same shop since June 10, 2011 - (now) October 10, 2013. I have been working there over 2 years as you can see and I recently turned 18, on August 24. Yet my rate of pay only increased to €6.92? im wondering because i have been working there for over 2 years and i am 18 should i not be on at least €7.79 or €8.65?

I have contacted my boss about this and she said "Im pretty sure that's over 18 in your second year, as in next year it goes up to €7.79" she then ended the message "I'll ring now and ask" to which she has not come back to me on? I'm wondering if i should continue to follow up the matter, as when I investigated minimum age requirements, it stated that "2 years of any prior experience and over the age of 18 should be on €7.79"

Any idea on what I should do?

Am I in the wrong or should I follow this up until I get my right wage?

Comments

Advertisement