Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help remembering these biscuits!!

Options
  • 10-10-2013 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. Can anyone help me with the name of these biscuits. I used to eat them back in the 80's. The base was some variation of shortcake and the top was hard icing. The icing was three colours - pink, orange and brown.

Does anyone know what i'm on about and does anyone know if they're still available?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SimonLynch

Iced Gems, the Mr Duffy shops in Limerick and Waterford had them recently. Sorry, reread OP,three colours of icing on the one biscuit? Different biscuit if so.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I know the ones... Gah, the name is escaping me!

They weren't Party Rings, were they?

This is driving me mad. I remember eating them on my Communion!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

What shape were they? Circular or rectangular ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Wait, I'm pretty sure they were called Iced Shorties!

It's almost impossible to find a picture, but they're illustrated in this selection:

Royal%2Bbiscuit%2Bselection%2B-%2Bwww.ShopCurious.com.jpg

As far as I can tell, they're not available at all any more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I know the ones you mean but can't think of the name.

Party rings and iced gems...that's taking me back. Serious dose of nostalgia with those.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I think Faith is right, they were iced shorties.
    My favourites were iced gems, my grandmother used to buy them for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Another vote for iced shorties here. I can still taste them in my mind. :) Absolutely delicious and the icing melted in the mouth. I wish they still made them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Faith!!! I love you!! You're right. Iced shorties are the ones!

So, they don't make them anymore? :( The feckers. Why do they do these things to us? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39,408 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think we had this thread before, can't remember the outcome, prob that they weren't available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

Another vote here for Iced Shorties, in fact Id put my house on it.

Use to love scraping the icing off with my front teeth, :rolleyes: if only id have known the damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭roweeeeena

Foxes iced rings taste very similar, but in a ring shape. You can still get them! 61sDPOf-n2L._SL1500_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

^^ those are showing in tesco.
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=254921644

This is they type of thing some €2 shops might have too.

Advertisement