Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartments in Letterkenny, what to avoid?

Options
  • 10-10-2013 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭

I was recently shown apartments by a well known letting agent in Letterkenny, County Donegal on both the Port Road area and near the old Dunnes Stores area. Don't want to say who they are, but it's a single word and they are based in the centre of the town.

Anyways, onto the apartments. The ones I was shown on Pearse Road were like a bomb had gone off in them. Untidy, dirty, damp smell, bits chipped off the furniture, broken doors on cupboards under the sink and on the tv cabinet, the door came off it's one remaining hinge as I opened it.

Another apartment is what I would call a CSI murder scene. You have to get down on your hands and knees and after looking at the bottom of the bathroom door I noticed brown/reddish spots.

Then more brown/reddish spots on the carpet and behind a radiator in the hallway... what were they, the guy who showed me the apartment didn't know what they were and assured me the place had been cleaned after the last tenants had moved out, cleaned? Cleaned me a**e more like.

Next thing, someone in a neighbouring apartment obliged me by going to the toilet, flushed the toilet and 2 seconds later the smell and contents came into my toilet..... Time to leave. That was just the places on Pearse Road, the places I was shown on the Port Road were just as bad.

Advertisement