Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hp printer f2180

Options
  • 10-10-2013 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Hi, Problems with Hp Printer deskjet f2180.

I installed sofware/driver from disc. Used advanced installation and chose the minimum software.

The programme installation was successful and is shown in the list of programmes via the control panel.
    But the is no Icon to launch it from anywhere, not on desktop, not from start menu. Also the programme is not listed in the normal programme list via the start>programmes.

I checked device manager and it says the printer is ok.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for reading.

System windows vista basic. still on service pk1.

PS: the software and printer was once on this computer for a few years and was removed and I am trying to reinstall it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Most of the HP software is bloat. If you can print to the printer and don't need to monitor the ink levels then you have all you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭the watchman

Thanks for that.
    The computer belongs to a friend and I would like to have a handy launch icon plus a maintenance facility. However what I wanted to avoid was automatic updates and information being uploaded to HP. I don't know what options to include and what not when doing the install. Perhaps to get the options I want it will have to include the automatic uploads i'm not really sure.

Advertisement