Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

importing a puppy from the e.u

• 10-10-2013 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

ok so i know the whole crack with having to get a passport and rabbies jabbs etc but how can i get the passport sorted when the dog is in europe and im here?

do i have to organise that from over there when i arrive or can it be registered here and paid for?? and il have the jabs done in a local vet over there the day i fly home after picking up the dog and show who ever checks my documentation hes fully vacc'd from that date?

im a bit confused and any help would be great as i need to get this sorted out soon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

davemc180 wrote: »
    ok so i know the whole crack with having to get a passport and rabbies jabbs etc but how can i get the passport sorted when the dog is in europe and im here?

do i have to organise that from over there when i arrive or can it be registered here and paid for?? and il have the jabs done in a local vet over there the day i fly home after picking up the dog and show who ever checks my documentation hes fully vacc'd from that date?

im a bit confused and any help would be great as i need to get this sorted out soon

That all has to be done in the country where the pup is. The breeder will organise it.

andreac wrote: »
    That all has to be done in the country where the pup is. The breeder will organise it.

If the pup is under 12 weeks it doesn't need the rabies jab only the passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭davemc180

i have a deposit paid but never spoke about passports with the breeder as i was not sure. hes a well known breeder so hopefully he includes it in the service ( il pay obviously )

the dog will be 10 weeks when hes ready

50% of people are telling me theres a quarantine for 6 months but thats just for non e.u countries right?

davemc180 wrote: »
    i have a deposit paid but never spoke about passports with the breeder as i was not sure. hes a well known breeder so hopefully he includes it in the service ( il pay obviously )

the dog will be 10 weeks when hes ready

50% of people are telling me theres a quarantine for 6 months but thats just for non e.u countries right?

Talk to your breeder. This should be all sorted before you even go over for the pup. Where are you getting the pup from? You need to check this is all sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭davemc180

ok thanks for your help il contact him tomor to organise everything.

the dog is coming from holland

• Advertisement
Advertisement