Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween in Limerick what nights pubs/clubs doing parties

• 10-10-2013 9:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

Anyone know whats on?Have a few friends coming to Limerick for Halloween

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Chic featuring Nile Rodgers playing on Friday 25th.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

The get lucky guy oh that's sounds good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

Got a ticket yesterday, only 50 left according to the guy in Gleesons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

bigpink wrote: »

??????? Are you sure you should be going to this gig. It's not a Daft Punk gig...

seachto7 wrote: »
    ??????? Are you sure you should be going to this gig. It's not a Daft Punk gig...

Jesus don't "freak out" dude. Dance and clap your hands! :P

• Advertisement

Here are a few tracks he is known for other than Get Lucky, you might know them ;)

Let's Dance - produced and reworked by Nile Rodgers for some guy called David Bowie:cool:

Le Freak

Good Times

Everybody Dance

I Want Your Love

It is going to be a great gig!

I know chic all the 70s disco and funk songs and see the live at Glastonbury set

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Will the 27th prob be the best night to go out? Coming home for a few days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Will the 27th prob be the best night to go out? Coming home for a few days!

probably with it being a bank hol, Halloween falls on a Thursday night this year which is kinda awkward, the weekend before is a bit early but you can't really go out the weekend after either for it. Halloween is the best night out in town imo, everyones in great form and you can chat to people about their costumes.

krudler wrote: »
    probably with it being a bank hol, Halloween falls on a Thursday night this year which is kinda awkward, the weekend before is a bit early but you can't really go out the weekend after either for it. Halloween is the best night out in town imo, everyones in great form and you can chat to people about their costumes.

I loooove halloween in Limerick :) I presume you have some sort of spectacular costume planned?

• Advertisement

Ive seen some fancy dresses advertised for the 2nd Nov but not sure which night to go out.town was messy think 2 or 3 years ago all kids and scum

I loooove halloween in Limerick :) I presume you have some sort of spectacular costume planned?

sure do :D

sure do :D

I am in no way surprised :p

I actually purchased mine moooooooooths ago! I'm coming home as a surprise for the parents' anniversary and Mam was like 'You know you left your costume here?? Are you coming home at all or will I post it over??'

So many lies to tell to her :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

bigpink wrote: »

If you're dumbing down Nile Rogers and Chic to one average Daft Punk song, then you need to get listening to some Chic ASAP

I am in no way surprised :p

I actually purchased mine moooooooooths ago! I'm coming home as a surprise for the parents' anniversary and Mam was like 'You know you left your costume here?? Are you coming home at all or will I post it over??'

So many lies to tell to her :pac:

Mine isn't anything hugely elaborate but it'll look cool if I can manage it, it's comic book related, small bit of makeup but mostly all in the outfit. eeee best time of year :D

Mine isn't anything hugely elaborate but it'll look cool if I can manage it, it's comic book related, small bit of makeup but mostly all in the outfit. eeee best time of year :D

What're Nancy's doing this year?

What're Nancy's doing this year?

No idea tbh, we usually go to the old quarter or whatever it's called these days and costellos, might go a few other places this year

No idea tbh, we usually go to the old quarter or whatever it's called these days and costellos, might go a few other places this year

It's called the old quarter again. Only last night I had a pointless conversation with a friend.

Me: Oh look, the old quarter is called the old quarter again.

Friend: Did it change its name?

Me: Ya, it was o Connells for a while.

Friend: No it wasn't.

Me: Yes it was.

Friend: You're talking crap.

Me: Shut up

That was the end of our stupid conversation.

Thank god it's not O'Connells anymore!

Would Flan open up on the Sunday coz tis a bank holiday?? :D:D:D

Anyone else going to the Chic gig? What time would you want to be there at? Whereabouts is the stage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭garryowenman

Garryowen rugby club are running a Fancy Dress Party on Sunday the 27th of October.

There will be a dj , drinks promotions and prizes for best dressed on the night.

Admission is 10€

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mrsmurf

I need a good route for 12 pubs of Xmas in limerick I know it's a bit early to be using the "C" word but we are having girly nite this weekend and I would love some suggestions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Best thing to do us give a starting point that's handiest for ye and let people route ye from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Hi lads need a route for the 12 pubs of xmas, Any ideas? Will start in the city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

You could start in Fla's - Tom Collins - Squires - Small Claws - Breens - Flannerys - Mickeys - and then do a few around market area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭moby2101

Alternate route from the other side of town!
    Ant O Dwyres, Charlie Malones, Bobby's, Souths, Willies, Windmill, White House, Tom's, Flas...aaaaaannd you're back in the City Centre!!
    The possibilities are endless!! ;) enjoy

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

You have Clem's and Dolan's on the Dock Road too, if you want a quick pair of pubs after some of the ones listed above. ^^
    Souths, Sexton's and the White House don't always like the 12 Pubs crowds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

You have Clem's and Dolan's on the Dock Road too, if you want a quick pair of pubs after some of the ones listed above. ^^

Yeah but in this climate I dont think they'd refuse some money!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

Clem's is closed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭moby2101

Mc Love wrote: »
    Yeah but in this climate I dont think they'd refuse some money!

Nail on head!
    We did this route on the Sunday before Christmas last yr! No problems.. remember drink sensibly kids!!!! :)

Advertisement