Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRojector: bad mounting kit,bad installer,bad luck !??

Options
  • 10-10-2013 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Greetings All,

I need your advice,please...

Installed two projectors in a site recently.
    They were purchased from a local supplier and went in class as a replacement.

After trying my best to fit one projector,i've abandoned the idea of doing DIY and i went back to supplier to request an official SONY mounting kit,as my bracket didn't worked ok.
    They've sold me a 100 quid SONY approved bracket that is designed to work with that model !

Went back on site,install it and surprise...the projector hangs at angle that makes kids laughing all day !

The only way to get working is to "hang" a wire on the left side (looking from back side) to keep the projector aligned at 90" !

Now,my local supplier (which is a good one otherwise) said that will contact SONY (that was a week ago) and they have sold many many kits and never had a problem !

I've asked them today to pass me a contact of the 'one' installer that bought the kit together and ,for a charge call to assist me !

In mean time,what do you make of this installation !?

Thanks for advice,in advance...

275353.jpg

275348.jpg

275350.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Certainly doesn't look right anyway. I presume the joint closest to the projector is some sort of ball joint allowing movement of the projector? If so then I imagine it would have to have a fairly stiff resistance in order to keep the projector level (seeing as the connections are off centre).

Advertisement