Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union query

Options
  • 10-10-2013 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Just a general query. I've always meant to open a credit union account and save a bit into it but for one reason or another never got round to it.

Nowadays, I save with the likes of PTSB etc and get 2.5 - 3% on deposit. AFAICT I have a reasonable credit rating and can get a loan if and when I need one. Therefore is there any point in someone like me opening a credit union savings account. Having researched the average dividend from CU's around the country, it seems to be pretty weak at 1-1.5%. Is there anything else I am missing here, are there other benefits to saving with a credit union ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

You can get a loan with a proven savings history. But if you dont want a loan, say with nationwide uk Ireland. It gives 4% for regular saving

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

hfallada wrote: »
    You can get a loan with a proven savings history. But if you dont want a loan, say with nationwide uk Ireland. It gives 4% for regular saving

. . . only for 15 months though

Advertisement