Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to leave Eircom

Options
  • 10-10-2013 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Some months ago we received a letter saying that Eircom e-fibre broadband was soon coming to our area, and that we would notice changes to our broadband quality. I waited for about a month to see if it was due to works being carried out but the rotten service continued. About 3 or 4 weeks ago I wrote to the guy who signed that Eircom letter. His name escapes me but his title was director of sales. In my letter I said that we had very much looked forward to an improvement in our current service which saw speeds of only 1 to 3 Meg, but that the only changes that we had since seen was a reduction in speed to around 1 meg, and occasionally no service at all. We've been with Eircom for a long time and I signed my letter 'still a loyal customer'. 

I have received no response to my letter. Nothing. Not even an acknowledgement of receipt of my concerns. That is no way for a company to go about keeping its customers. In fact it shows a complete lack of interest, a lack of respect, and a couldn't care less attitude. So I am going to leave Eircom and bring my business to another company - both my telephone line and my broadband.

So how do I leave? What notice do I need to give? Are there any penalties? I seem to recall the last time I was verbally asked on the phone to agree to another year that any time I wanted to leave all that was needed was a months notice, but I can't be sure.

A very peed off formerly loyal Eircom customer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭Lennyzip

P38Man wrote: »
    Some months ago we received a letter saying that Eircom e-fibre broadband was soon coming to our area, and that we would notice changes to our broadband quality. I waited for about a month to see if it was due to works being carried out but the rotten service continued. About 3 or 4 weeks ago I wrote to the guy who signed that Eircom letter. His name escapes me but his title was director of sales. In my letter I said that we had very much looked forward to an improvement in our current service which saw speeds of only 1 to 3 Meg, but that the only changes that we had since seen was a reduction in speed to around 1 meg, and occasionally no service at all. We've been with Eircom for a long time and I signed my letter 'still a loyal customer'. 

I have received no response to my letter. Nothing. Not even an acknowledgement of receipt of my concerns. That is no way for a company to go about keeping its customers. In fact it shows a complete lack of interest, a lack of respect, and a couldn't care less attitude. So I am going to leave Eircom and bring my business to another company - both my telephone line and my broadband.

So how do I leave? What notice do I need to give? Are there any penalties? I seem to recall the last time I was verbally asked on the phone to agree to another year that any time I wanted to leave all that was needed was a months notice, but I can't be sure.

Not sure how accurate this is but if you go on their website or do a google search for " cancel eircom " I'd say you will come across this , I checked out the same thing myself recently .

"If you need to cancel your eircom account there is a process in place that all customers must follow. This process requires the standard 30 day notification period. The address this notification needs to be sent to depends on your specific account & services. Calling 1901 and choosing the 'Cancel' option will get you through to the correct section.

This team will take a note of your intention to cease the account and give you the relevant postal or email address to send the notification to. The account will then cease 30 days later, or at a specific time of your choosing. A final bill will be issued to either the home address or an alternative. If you need it sent to an alternative address, include this info in your written notification. If the 30 days notice is not given and an account is ceased, eircom will charge a final months notice period in lieu. "

• Registered Users Posts: 44 P38Man

Lennyzip wrote: »

Not sure how accurate this is but if you go on their  website or do a google search for " cancel eircom " I'd say you will come across this , I checked out the same thing myself recently .

"If you need to cancel your eircom account there is a process in place that all customers must follow. This process requires the standard 30 day notification period. The address this notification needs to be sent to depends on your specific account & services. Calling 1901 and choosing the 'Cancel' option will get you through to the correct section.

This team will take a note of your intention to cease the account and give you the relevant postal or email address to send the notification to. The account will then cease 30 days later, or at a specific time of your choosing. A final bill will be issued to either the home address or an alternative. If you need it sent to an alternative address, include this info in your written notification. If the 30 days notice is not given and an account is ceased, eircom will charge a final months notice period in lieu. "
    Thanks Lennyzip - I already did a cursory search on their website but I'll go hunting again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Some months ago we received a letter saying that Eircom e-fibre broadband was soon coming to our area, and that we would notice changes to our broadband quality. I waited for about a month to see if it was due to works being carried out but the rotten service continued. About 3 or 4 weeks ago I wrote to the guy who signed that Eircom letter. His name escapes me but his title was director of sales. In my letter I said that we had very much looked forward to an improvement in our current service which saw speeds of only 1 to 3 Meg, but that the only changes that we had since seen was a reduction in speed to around 1 meg, and occasionally no service at all. We've been with Eircom for a long time and I signed my letter 'still a loyal customer'.

Hi P38Man

I'm sorry to hear of you disappointment with eircom. I understand your feelings in relation to not being replied to however if you would like to PM me your landline number and account number I'll be happy to look into any possible improvements to your speeds.

Should you wish to move provider a 30 day notice of cancellation must be given before arranging the transfer with another provider.

Should you still wish to cancel please contact the eircom cancellations team on free phone 1901 and after entering your landline number when prompted please then chose option 4 and then option 4 again.

I really feel that it's best to PM me your details as I'll look into this in detail for you.

Thanks

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

You do realise that you have to actually order e-fibre? You are not automatically upgraded to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 P38Man

WillyFXP wrote: »

You do realise that you have to actually order e-fibre? You are not automatically upgraded to it.
    Yes I do

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

WillyFXP wrote: »

Yes I do
    You haven't indicated that you did this though? 

Also, I doubt the chap you wrote to will get your letter, you would have been better ringing customer care. That's what they are there for. The chap who sent out the letter was just advising you, but he can't help you. God knows, the letter may not have even arrived at his desk!

Advertisement