Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best kebab in Cork

Options
  • 10-10-2013 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

The Spice Route always gets the thumbs up. I've had a few kebabs there and would definitely recommend them. They claim to buy all their meat local too.

Reviews here.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Spice Route or Mixor depending on what side of town I'm at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Phoenix wrote: »
    Where can I find the holy grail of kebabs of Cork?

It's like trying to find a good curry here. There ain't no such thing! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

The first person to say Abrakebabra gets a kick in the head.

For me Istanbul is good, best ive had in cork city anyway.
    Bit of a drive but theres a spot in killeagh on the left as you drive thru, cant remember the name but its very good. They put a tiny drizzle of mint into it and even tho it tastes unusual its savage.
    Another drive away is bantry but again, one heck of a kebab. Its on the left as you drive past the square.

Best kebab ive had in ireland is in The wishing Well in Urlingford, what a feed. It used to make the trips up to Irish football games almost worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 evelynireland

Best kebab in Cork you will find on Coburg Street, cant remember the name of it, but its a yellow building, just before the City Limits

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Havin lived in Cork for 10 years, the best kebeb in Cork & Kerry- is in Tralee - Kelali Kebabs. Couple of Cork-Turkish-Cypyriots runnin the gaff. Some horrible sh1t to look at but by gawd tis tasty :D

Worth the drive to Tralee alone - like we used to drive to Cork & Limerick for Burgerking/McDonalds back in the day...

Hot stuff on Wash St used to do when I hit rock bottom ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

spice route

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭TBoneMan

Spice route is authentic fresh and delicious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    Spice Route or Mixor depending on what side of town I'm at

U must be piss1d when u eat. No offence mate.
    spice route hides their kitchen and re heats all there food in manky dirty plastic dishes in the microwave for f sake.
    Have a Look next time. !!!

Indian in Mayfield for me as they usto own adward winning Deli Palace till rents went up.

I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

scudo2 wrote: »
    U must be piss1d when u eat. No offence mate.
    spice route hides their kitchen and re heats all there food in manky dirty plastic dishes in the microwave for f sake.
    Have a Look next time. !!!

Indian in Mayfield for me as they usto own adward winning Deli Palace till rents went up.

I think.

Spice Route deep fry the meat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jambo221

I like Spice Route, but it is pretty mank in there. It's usually open pretty late though :P

Zam Zam on Barrack street and the Green Chilli Kebab & Curry House on Shandon street, heard quite good things about them, but haven't had their kebabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 alecork

Speedo Kebab on tukey street - never eat better one - stambul on oliver plunket is alright but missing this unique thing i found in speedo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

Best I've had in Cork overall is the place in Bantry just up from the Maritime hotel.

Best in the city is the place just before city limits.

Used to really like Abrekebabra - got one last week in Mahon point, first time in a long time - either they've changed the recipe or my imagination got the better of me because I wouldn't be ordering again in a hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,318 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Spice Route by far

• Registered Users Posts: 18,120 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Not a big fan of Kebabs as the hygiene is usually really bad in these places but Turkas on Washington St is the best I have had.

Spice Route is horrible, reheated muck.

Instanbul isn't great nor is Speedos. Real lack of a decent kebab in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Indian Moon used to bang out lovely ones wrapped in naan bread.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Stormington

I used to be a regular in Spice Route but I've grown to prefer Crazy Kebab next to the City Limits. The servings are huge and there's a nice variety of veg thrown in on top of it.

I've just thrown one from last night into the oven - add mayonnaise, cucumbers, tomatoes and she's good to go. Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,318 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

rob316 wrote: »
    Not a big fan of Kebabs as the hygiene is usually really bad in these places but Turkas on Washington St is the best I have had.

You know nuthin rob316

You know nuthin rob316

This is the blue place on McCurtain St right next to where cash converters was?

In my trip there, he took the kebab meat, put it in a plastic container and put it in the microwave. Like I said reheated muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

This is the blue place on McCurtain St right next to where cash converters was?

In my trip there, he took the kebab meat, put it in a plastic container and put it in the microwave. Like I said reheated muck.

Dunno what thats all about, but whenever I've been in there they'll literally shear the meat infront of me, then go and ask how hot I want my sauce and what toppings and then serve me the best kebab in the city.

• Advertisement

Doner kebabs I wouldn't touch with a bargepole. It's meat, flour and seasoning patted together. And nine times out of ten, the meat isn't fresh...

Shish every time for me if I eat one.

Doner kebabs I wouldn't touch with a bargepole. It's meat, flour and seasoning patted together. And nine times out of ten, the meat isn't fresh...

Yes, because thats what I'm looking for when I go into a run down Turkish kebab shop at 10 o'clock on a Monday night..........fresh meat.

CHealy wrote: »
    Dunno what thats all about, but whenever I've been in there they'll literally shear the meat infront of me, then go and ask how hot I want my sauce and what toppings and then serve me the best kebab in the city.

Ok next time im passing I'll pop in, if hes cut the meat fresh, I'll give it another go. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bobbieman

Didnt turkuaz kebab get closed down by the fsai?

Ok next time im passing I'll pop in, if hes cut the meat fresh, I'll give it another go. :D

And let us know, this is serious business.

Bobbieman wrote: »
    Didnt turkuaz kebab get closed down by the fsai?

Its open today I think, I passed it earlier. Wouldn't surprise if it was at some stage, the place is walking

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Its open today I think, I passed it earlier. Wouldn't surprise if it was at some stage, the place is walking

Was in there last week, payed 8 euro for 2 big als burger patties, buns and the most measley sized portion of chips I've ever seen. The place smelled of damp rot and they had a bike lock on the door of the eating area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bobbieman

Cant post a link on this phone but google the name and it comes up on the fsai website, they could at least changed their name when they opened again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Someone's never been to Germany......:pac:

In Germany the doener is a legitimate option for dinner, most of time it only costs around 3 quid as well.

It's very sad that there's nothing of the same standard in Cork (I wouldn't eat one anywhere I know in town anyway)! It's the best, sober or langered

• Advertisement

Someone's never been to Germany......:pac:

In Germany the doener is a legitimate option for dinner, most of time it only costs around 3 quid as well.

It's very sad that there's nothing of the same standard in Cork (I wouldn't eat one anywhere I know in town anyway)! It's the best, sober or langered

Yes, I have. I've also been to Greece where they sell it as Gyros :pac:

Advertisement