Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another van theft in Castlebar

Options
  • 10-10-2013 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭

i make that about 3 in the last 6 months.

the bread van a few moths back, i heard a builder from the westport rd had his van stolen about a week or two ago from outside his house.

another van stolen outside the shop across the road from lidl.

van driers would want to be aware of this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

No source for this but apparently the van engine was left running whilst delivery was made and it was stolen. Insurance refuses to pay out in these circumstances!

TT

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

TopTec wrote: »
    No source for this but apparently the van engine was left running whilst delivery was made and it was stolen. Insurance refuses to pay out in these circumstances!

TT

Unfortunately the case, feel v sorry for John, but you just can't trust anyone these days. Its his loss now and his whole lively hood on the line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭StewartGriffin

yop wrote: »
    Unfortunately the case, feel v sorry for John, but you just can't trust anyone these days. Its his loss now and his whole lively hood on the line.

It is indeed. Good post.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Heard story that a van was stolen recently off a building site in Westport.

Men on the site followed it in another van, and managed eventually to block it in on a side road. There were five guys from the building site, and just two thieves.

Heard that the thieves were relieved when Gardai arrived.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

nuac wrote: »
    Heard story that a van was stolen recently off a building site in Westport.

Men on the site followed it in another van, and managed eventually to block it in on a side road. There were five guys from the building site, and just two thieves.

Heard that the thieves were relieved when Gardai arrived.

True story, they should have broke both their legs and their arms and dumped them somewhere. Little gits will get free legal aid and get out in 3 months IF they are put away. Will learn nothing.
    Message needs to go out to people like these.
    I spent a Saturday night 2 weeks ago tracking a car with a couple of lads in it in our area. They were scoping the area for about 30/40 mins as there was a wedding on and a funeral so loads of empty houses.
    I eventually scared them off. The Gardai were contacted but have yet to appear.
    I had the reg of the car but it turned out to be a fake plate when I ran it through cartell.ie

I have told my wife I want to buy a gun or at least an air rifle. Not got a "yes" yet. I will have zero mercy when an "unwanted/uninvited" enter my grounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

I have told my wife I want to buy a gun or at least an air rifle. Not got a "yes" yet.

hopefully it stays that way!

hopefully it stays that way!

So that we can give the thieves free rein then in our houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

True story, they should have broke both their legs and their arms and dumped them somewhere. Little gits will get free legal aid and get out in 3 months IF they are put away. Will learn nothing.
    Message needs to go out to people like these.
    I spent a Saturday night 2 weeks ago tracking a car with a couple of lads in it in our area. They were scoping the area for about 30/40 mins as there was a wedding on and a funeral so loads of empty houses.
    I eventually scared them off. The Gardai were contacted but have yet to appear.
    I had the reg of the car but it turned out to be a fake plate when I ran it through cartell.ie

I have told my wife I want to buy a gun or at least an air rifle. Not got a "yes" yet. I will have zero mercy when an "unwanted/uninvited" enter my grounds.

sadly this is the way it is going.

Neighbourhood watch is part of the answer

nuac wrote: »
    sadly this is the way it is going.

Neighbourhood watch is part of the answer

It is indeed. Sad state of affairs but if they don't come out to us and we are only about 5 miles from the main town, then the rest of the place is in bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Think a few cars were stolen on New Years Eve/Early New Years day from the car parks either side of main street, many cars windows also smashed in, sad to see the town going like this

• Advertisement
Advertisement