Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value on a tablet for Grandad

Options
  • 10-10-2013 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Any advice on a user friendly large tablet for a Grandad... Am thinking Samsung as he has an Iphone and hates it... have a budget of approx. €450
    Completely clueless so would really appreciate recommendations and bargains...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Cheers will check it out !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

PMSL, jaysus am having a rethink now... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

are there cheap ones around,looking for one for my 10 year old for christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

DID have one:http://www.did.ie/gotab-10-android-internet-tablet-gbt10bk-prd

The missus has it and it's perfect.For €129.99 it's the cheapest 10" tablet you can get in a b&m store.Specs are decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

Xtravison have the Versus 7" @ €99 - got a couple for my crew and they love them - decent battery life and plays all the usual apps etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

Heatons (Navan) had tablets at the weekend for €49.99.... I dunno if it is Nationwide..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭ozmo

Munstermad wrote: »
    Any advice on a user friendly large tablet for a Grandad... Am thinking Samsung as he has an Iphone and hates it... have a budget of approx. €450
    Completely clueless so would really appreciate recommendations and bargains...

You would be hard pressed to find anything as easy as an IPad.
    It would be easier for him than IPhone - not having to deal with calls and texts and things - once he can do Safari and Facetime - maybe Emails and scrabble or something - I bet he like it. All my elder family have access to one and love them as they just work.

Samsung Android (IMO) is maybe more suited to the slightly more techie user?

IPad Mini (or second hand IPad) if the budget cannot stretch to IPad.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

It's all about price.

• Advertisement

Have been looking at the Samsung Galaxy 3 10" hes used his sisters and loved it, mant people have recommended the ipad but he has the new iphone and hates it...:eek: Will have a look at the ipad again and see. Thanks
    ozmo wrote: »
    You would be hard pressed to find anything as easy as an IPad.
    It would be easier for him than IPhone - not having to deal with calls and texts and things - once he can do Safari and Facetime - maybe Emails and scrabble or something - I bet he like it. All my elder family have access to one and love them as they just work.

Samsung Android (IMO) is maybe more suited to the slightly more techie user?

IPad Mini (or second hand IPad) if the budget cannot stretch to IPad.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Have been looking at the Samsung Galaxy 3 10" hes used his sisters and loved it, mant people have recommended the ipad but he has the new iphone and hates it...:eek: Will have a look at the ipad again and see. Thanks

If he loves using an android tab then it's pointless getting an ipad especially seeing as he hates using ios.

Off today to buy and surprise Grandad with a Galaxy S3... :)

Off today to buy and surprise Grandad with a Galaxy S3... :)
    Bought and LOVED!!!!!
    Thanks for all the advice :D

Advertisement