Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

They don't even pay road tax Joe. **Off topic thread**

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Jesus you are as bad as him. He has names for his bikes too!

I honestly do not understand people who don't. How could you not?! They have hearts (BB's) you know!

I name everything :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

gadetra wrote: »
    I honestly do not understand people who don't. How could you not?! They have hearts (BB's) you know!

I name everything :o

What's the helmet's name?

Lizzy :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Steady now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Yeah, there's big lumps of it lingering in places still.

I got a lump of it the size of my fist lodged in the front of the car last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Nibali.

Steady now!

It used to be mine!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It used to be mine!
    So you're slagging me for naming my bikes when you used to have a helmet called Lizzie:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Luxman

On opening my post from wiggle with new overshoes and brake calipers I also find a bag of haribo starmix. Prefer the cola bottles😄

Luxman wrote: »
    On opening my post from wiggle with new overshoes and brake calipers I also find a bag of haribo starmix. Prefer the cola bottles��

harEPO.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I was cycling up Cruagh Road doing a few intervals after work.
    You were in your car driving down it.
    I couldn't help but notice your souped-up white hatchback with its tinted windows.
    You probably didn't spot me because you were busy reversing your car out of the ditch after missing a corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭Ryath

One for ford2600 to combine his two interests!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Not sure if it's generous usage by DCC or that we haven't had snow melt or a decent rain shower to wash it away.

Had 2 wheel spin incidents today when I went to take off with the back wheel in salt/grime/gunge deposits.

Some rain forecast for tomorrow. Hopefully enough to wash the crap off the roads. My mudguards are covered in white muck from the salt.

Anyone use anything on their steel bike to protect them from the salt? Is there anything you can put on them? Like a wax or polish or something that would discourage it from sticking at least? Seen some stuff in Halfords yesterday but got confused and then nothing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Genesis (manufacturer of my bike's frame) asked if one should be worried about winter corrosion, said that if a frame fails due to this they will replace it no questions asked. Also read a statement from an old and knowlegeable bike mechanic - he said he has worked on many steel bikes, and the only ones that were structurally damaged by corrosion were those used on turbos and in fact damaged by sweat. Sea water and road salt exposure seem to be ok.

Hence I don't protect my bike against the salt, even if I see some rust marks on the exposed threads already.

(But I have sprayed the frame inside with light oil before assembly to prevent corrosion from trapped water. This shows I am a bit paranoid :) )

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Had someone break into my house on Tuesday evening.Luckily for me he decided not to steal any of my bikes;instead he took a snooze on my couch..

Seriously? Aaaaand...?

Alek wrote: »
    Seriously? Aaaaand...?

Suitably refreshed, he went on his merry way. In the back of a garda car luckily. I've heard nothing since despite repeated phone calls to Rathmines station :rolleyes::confused:

Wow. Did he break the door to get in? I have almost slept on my neighbour couch one night as he forgot to lock the door and I forgot.. ekhem... many things ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

Sorry 'bout that boss. Saw the door open and all....

You need milk and bread btw.

• Advertisement

I don't really want to advertise any potential security shortcomings here..but we're actually not yet 100% sure how he got in

Keep us updated, its a good story :D

colm18 wrote: »
    I don't really want to advertise any potential security shortcomings here..but we're actually not yet 100% sure how he got in

He transported in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Was he dressed as BeetleJuice?

Were the lights on.... you sure it wasn't a relative that the Garda carted away..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Was he dressed as BeetleJuice?

That's pretty impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Had someone break into my house on Tuesday evening.Luckily for me he decided not to steal any of my bikes;instead he took a snooze on my couch..
    I once fell asleep in the womens' toilet* of a curry house in Bristol. I woke up at 1am ish and found all the doors and windows locked. So I walked up the stairs and fell asleep on the carpet.

(* I was quite drunk and needed to sit down but the mens was busy; my comrades had checked the men's toilets to no avail and assumed I'd done a bunk)

About 2.30am I awoke to "dude, what are f**k you doing here?" from two asian lads who thought I'd broken in and proceeded to discuss beating the dhal out of me.

Cue sharp exit stage down.

Ah, to be twenty two again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Recommended to the auld fella that he get a Turbo trainer, rather than risk being out in the bad weather. Hate to see him take a tumble :/

Mentioned the Elite Elasto gel "kit" that they have in Halfords.

His Strava just showed some "weird" ride but I noticed the following

Device: Garmin Edge 1000

That's so not fair :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

Recommended to the auld fella that he get a Turbo trainer, rather than risk being out in the bad weather. Hate to see him take a tumble :/

Mentioned the Elite Elasto gel "kit" that they have in Halfords.

His Strava just showed some "weird" ride but I noticed the following

Device: Garmin Edge 1000

That's so not fair :(

I thought it was supposed to be Dad's forcing their own dreams upon their kids... not stealing their kid's dreams

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Bless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I want those 2 minutes 46 seconds of my life back :(

Bless

All that effort, editing, speeding up footage, adding pithy captions... My mind. it boggles.

Bless

Of course the owner of the camera behaves perfectly on the roads at all times.

It's not as if he is selective about what he uploads. No siree.:pac:

edit: judging by his videos he lives near me. Must keep an eye out for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

It's OK, his comments on youtube say that it was all a joke.

That video annoyed me intensely.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Bless

Makes a comment about the other cyclists and obeying the rules of the road...

.... clearly breaks a red at 38seconds, 51seconds, undertaking an indicating left car at 2.33 but makes comment that there is no need to rush pass to red only moments earlier.

Ah, shure, I was only joking :pac:

I did a 30 second track stand the other day, does this make me even pro-er than the UCD pro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

daragh_ wrote: »
    Thanks to the chap who pointed out that my phone was about to slip out of my jersey this morning - HX Bridge. I really need to have my coffee before I leave the house :rolleyes:

No bother, nice meeting you.

Hmmzis wrote: »
    No bother, nice meeting you.

Cheers again :)

Zyzz wrote: »
    I did a 30 second track stand the other day, does this make me even pro-er than the UCD pro?

Quite possibly. I'd feel aggrieved that you haven't been filmed by some randomer yet.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

He has another video with him lecturing a bus driver (who in fairness did something dangerous) but says nothing to the cyclist who probably should have spotted the big massive vehicle indicating to turn when he was 2 vehicles back.

He cuts across a pedestrian footpath in another and has a habit of jumping lights.

It's all well and good having an action cam, but in cases like this (and similar dash cam warriors) it just ads to the us v them.

Quite possibly. I'd feel aggrieved that you haven't been filmed by some randomer yet.

I don't wear UCD gear so people automatically assume I'm an amateur :(

I have gone looking for myself but to no avail, think I passed CycleDub once..but no footage ever arose :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Zyzz, if I pay you to let me video you, would that make you feel like a pro?

Bring your mankini...

quozl wrote: »
    Zyzz, if I pay you to let me video you, would that make you feel like a pro?

Bring your mankini...

Im afraid all I can do is a sports bra.

Zyzz wrote: »
    Im afraid all I can do is a sports bra.

but you do it so well ;)

tumblr_njpeihx1LR1ropreyo2_r1_400.gif

So UCD are paying their riders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Bless

hyOE1ft.jpg

So UCD are paying their riders?

They are on a training holiday at the minute, for students they aren't doing too badly.

CramCycle wrote: »
    training holiday

Bit of a misnomer that phrase!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement