Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

They don't even pay road tax Joe. **Off topic thread**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,027 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Bit of a misnomer that phrase!
    An oxymoron even?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Bit of a misnomer that phrase!

They are students, it's training for life, blah blah blah
    An oxymoron even?

Based on my average experience of cyclists coming out of UCD in the evening, I could shorten that sentence to describe the majority individually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

An oxymoron even?

No need to insult the poor phrase.

Jesus, has Ronan O'Gara taken something? (Late Late Show) Embarrassing car crash interview! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Jesus, has Ronan O'Gara taken something? (Late Late Show) Embarrassing car crash interview! :eek:

Can't blame him. Would you blame him for getting flustered when there's hundreds of tipsy pillocks in the studio. Tubs making it out that he wanted to pay tribute to him by why do it with such a rowdy audience and probably a tiny percentage of Rugby fans. ROG deserves better than to have his interview stapled onto the middle of a terrible show.

.....ROG deserves better than to have his interview stapled onto the middle of a terrible show.
    Agree (although I have to admit that I have zero knowledge/interest in Rugby). Audience are embarrassing in the extreme and it must be one of the worst ever shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Agree (although I have to admit that I have zero knowledge/interest in Rugby). Audience are embarrassing in the extreme and it must be one of the worst ever shows.

its not there usual crowd anyway due to the dating special, assume its the night that suited ROG to be a guest. "ireland at home, metro off"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Sitting in my car waiting for someone and I just watched some guy come along on a fold up bike. There was a crappy cable lock pre attached to the seat post, but wide enough to lift over the saddle anyway, it wasn't wrapped tightly.

He went up to one of those waist high poles at the side of the pedestrian crossing, lifted the bike up so the cable lock went over the post, and lowered it down again and crossed the road into a supermarket.

WTF, I don't even know where to start with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Sitting in my car waiting for someone and I just watched some guy come along on a fold up bike. There was a crappy cable lock pre attached to the seat post, but wide enough to lift over the saddle anyway, it wasn't wrapped tightly.

He went up to one of those waist high poles at the side of the pedestrian crossing, lifted the bike up so the cable lock went over the post, and lowered it down again and crossed the road into a supermarket.

WTF, I don't even know where to start with that.

Start by nicking it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Raam wrote: »
    Start by nicking it.

Kid was asleep in the back, but was tempted to hide it around the corner.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Mein gott- why can't Rose do a 54cm frame? I'm torn between a 53 or a 55. Any other 5'9 rose owners out there?

colm18 wrote: »
    Mein gott- why can't Rose do a 54cm frame? I'm torn between a 53 or a 55. Any other 5'9 rose owners out there?

Can you get two bottle cages on a 53 frame?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

colm18 wrote: »

5 9 you say

manafana wrote: »
    5 9 you say

Yes..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Go for the 53. Although, you might struggle with an extra bottle cage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Having trouble posting a pics form a dropbox account.
    Dropbox gives me a link but when I try to link it I either get the link itself in text or no image.
    Anyone any suggestions?

bcmf wrote: »
    Dropbox gives me a link but when I try to link it I either get the link itself in text or no image.
    Anyone any suggestions?

Get a coach?

Jaysus Doyler your hard work, you know that!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Anyone any suggestions?

I always use Photobucket to post pictures, much simpler.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Jaysus Doyler your hard work, you know that!

Is it dropbox via your mobile device or on the laptop?

• Advertisement

Google Picasa is also handy, just share with Public.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

At Villa park now, they've got a bostin big bike rack here but only about three bikes using it.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

At Villa park now
    Just because they play in claret and blue doesn't mean they are West Ham:confused:

At Villa park now, they've got a bostin big bike rack here but only about three bikes using it.

Villa v Leicester..there's a 0-0 if I ever saw one :pac:

Is it dropbox via your mobile device or on the laptop?

Via chromebook.
    Drop box gives me a link to share but when it just comes up as text in the post

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Beasty wrote: »
    Just because they play in claret and blue doesn't mean they are West Ham:confused:

Went to the Hawthorne yesterday, oh sweet jebus, sitting beside a drunken yam yam who was nonstop shouting at the west ham fans. Losing 4-0. A lot of West Ham fans left early and some could get out of the factory where we parked because my car was blocking everyone in.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Via chromebook.
    Drop box gives me a link to share but when it just comes up as text in the post

Are you posting the link using the link icon or straight into the post?

Are you posting the link using the link icon or straight into the post?
    Done.Went and signed up for photobucket. A lot easier!!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Done.Went and signed up for photobucket. A lot easier!!
    You could have just copied and pasted from your FB page ....

Beasty wrote: »
    You could have just copied and pasted from your FB page ....

Didnt know I could do that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

bucket is the way. you can edit and crop and everything. Simpels

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Bloody cyclist on the pavement cycling along the Luas platform just now. Okay he had lights on, reflective clothing and seemed to riding carefully but he still shouldn't have cycling really.

I very nearly had words until I saw it was a Garda....

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

While waiting outside for a seat to become free for my lunch yesterday afternoon, I heard (rather than witness) a cyclist fall on the Luas tracks between Smithfield and Museum. Did my best to help with my girlfriend and the cyclist's boyfriend and eventually found a doc that was open on Sunday. Turns out the cyclist is a pro female cyclist of some description and was very "it's grand, I've had far worse, how is my bike".

Bloody hell. First time out on tubulars and flatted.qouzl on here lent me a pump in the city centre - thinking it was a dodgy valve. That got me Swords.Went into RITCHIES where the kindly soul lent me a pump. Struggled to get over 80psi in.
    Thought it should be enough to get home from there. The last 4km was on a flat tub.
    Got home to find the air seems to be coming out of the top of the valve ie where the tube is moulded to the valve ,
    Barely used Vittoria Pave tub in the bin unless someone knows someone who fixes them!

Bloody hell. First time out on tubulars and flatted.qouzl on here lent me a pump in the city centre - thinking it was a dodgy valve. That got me Swords.Went into RITCHIES where the kindly soul lent me a pump. Struggled to get over 80psi in.
    Thought it should be enough to get home from there. The last 4km was on a flat tub.
    Got home to find the air seems to be coming out of the top of the valve ie where the tube is moulded to the valve ,
    Barely used Vittoria Pave tub in the bin unless someone knows someone who fixes them!

Try some sealant? Why were you training on tubs?

Don't bin it. Send it back where you got it citing faulty goods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

After I wussed out last year, I've agreed to do the Ring of Kerry this year. I need to buy a bike! I haven't a clue to be honest, so just wondering where's the best place to get newbie advice about buying without annoying everyone?!

I saw this newbies thread for events, but there's not much advice for shopping

Raam wrote: »
    Try some sealant? Why were you training on tubs?
    Sealant didnt work.
    I wanted to get used to braking on carbon before I started racing instead of hitting the brakes in a bunch and ploughing into the rider in front of me.
    And Carbon tubs are the only errrr tub wheels I have for the moment!
    Don't bin it. Send it back where you got it citing faulty goods.
    Bought them off here.

• Advertisement

Sealant didnt work.
    I wanted to get used to braking on carbon before I started racing instead of hitting the brakes in a bunch and ploughing into the rider in front of me.

Bought them off here.

Deffo go back to boards.ie so!

Deffo go back to boards.ie so!

And there it is folks, the death of the adverts sub forum....

.....while many will be sad, I can think of 5 regular enough posters who will be throwing a party about thisnl :pac:

Sealant didnt work.

Bought them off here.

Ah braking on carbon is fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭detones

Enough of this tubs talk. How's the VCB steed to ride?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Driving home this evening on the N11 just at UCD guy on the other side of the road in a White van opened his window and through his empty bottle of coke on to the road.

Unbelievable!

I memorised his reg. is there anywhere I can report him?

bazermc wrote: »
    Driving home this evening on the N11 just at UCD guy on the other side of the road in a White van opened his window and through his empty bottle of coke on to the road.

Unbelievable!

Here is OK, we will look after it.

• Advertisement

bazermc wrote: »

Unbelievable!

Have you considered the guardians of the peace?

I f**cking have this, leave it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭detones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

The who?

detones wrote: »
    Yummy!
    detones wrote: »

Yummy Yummy.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement