Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

They don't even pay road tax Joe. **Off topic thread**

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

bazermc wrote: »
    The who?

The lads who hand out free hi vis on the N11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

bazermc wrote: »
    The who?

An Gardai Siochana. The clue is in the name!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Kinet1c wrote: »
    I thought it was supposed to be Dad's forcing their own dreams upon their kids... not stealing their kid's dreams

Turns out he bought it as a present for me. :o

It's a complicated yoke. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

gadetra wrote: »
    High aluminium steel or high steel aluminium?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

CramCycle wrote: »
    The lads who hand out free hi vis on the N11.

The who are handing out hi viz vests? I fell for that before, but i wont be fooled again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Ok I didn't want to start a new thread and done a quick check of the search and couldn't see anything so here goes.

cycle lanes / paths - is there anyone directly you can contact regarding the amount of debris in them and ask for them to be cleaned or is it just a general council request to have a rant at them. I cycle along the canal on the R111 (Dolphin Road / Parnell Road)

My road-bike is getting battered on a daily basis on the commute (touch wood no punctures yet) and having to clean at least once a week (yes I should probably be doing this anyway).

Or am I just better of cycling out in the road but that's another debate.

Thanks!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭BrianHenryIE

From:http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2620868&postcount=13 (2005)
    daymobrew wrote: »
    I have found Dublin City Council to be quite responsive to cleaning up glass - just ring them (672-2222) and ask for the 'Cleansing' department.
    I have also gotten them to fix potholes, just by asking nicely.
    Fingal County Council aren't so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

I've been trying for months to get the council to resurface Leinster Road, which is dangerous to cycle on, as the seams at the edges of several of the random patches along its surface have worn away, making a nice slit that your bike wheel can go into; there are also potholes that jar your spine when you land unwarily in them of a dark night.
    I've found them rich in promises but poor in performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

I'm pretty sure that DCC number above is out of date.

Try this instead: https://dcciservices.dublincity.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

lennymc wrote: »
    The who are handing out hi viz vests? I fell for that before, but i wont be fooled again.
    He's just a Substitute for another guy.. ... but it certainly won't appeal to My Generation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

He's just a Substitute for another guy.. ... but it certainly won't appeal to My Generation.

Was he called Tommy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Kav0777 wrote: »
    Was he called Tommy?
    Yes.. .....and he was a Pin Ball Wizard I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Ok I didn't want to start a new thread and done a quick check of the search and couldn't see anything so here goes.

cycle lanes / paths - is there anyone directly you can contact regarding the amount of debris in them and ask for them to be cleaned or is it just a general council request to have a rant at them. I cycle along the canal on the R111 (Dolphin Road / Parnell Road)

My road-bike is getting battered on a daily basis on the commute (touch wood no punctures yet) and having to clean at least once a week (yes I should probably be doing this anyway).

Or am I just better of cycling out in the road but that's another debate.

Thanks!!!

Just accept the inevitable and go MTB. You will ride those lanes with impunity and joy thereafter.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It's not true

Anyway (Anyhow, Anywhere), Who Are You? Boris the Spider?

Who's Next?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Beasty wrote: »
    It's not true

Anyway (Anyhow, Anywhere), Who Are You? Boris the Spider?

Who's Next?

I've had enough of all these bloody Who puns.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OldBean wrote: »
    I've had enough of all these bloody Who puns.
    Are you related?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I heard it was Baba O'Riley......

giving hi-viz......

"Out here in the fields........"

They're all wasted!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

Jawgap wrote: »
    I heard it was Baba O'Riley......

giving hi-viz......

"Out here in the fields........"

They're all wasted!

I don't think it was him, probably just a "trick of the light"

I wonder what time it was? I guess maybe in rush hour, at around 5.15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

RIP Claude Criquielion.
    Sadly passed away today aged 58 after suffering a stroke on Monday.

1232964765CRIQUIELION-Claude-2.jpg

Just finished giving my bike a once over for Sunday. Just need to find my runners now, and I'm ready to go for the first race of the year.

duathlon.jpg

Just finished giving my bike a once over for Sunday. Just need to find my runners now, and I'm ready to go for the first race of the year.

duathlon.jpg

Which race are you running too and home from, I presume its the Traders cup which is still an impressive run for anyone before a race.

The traders cup is up in Dundalk - the running before and after is away from the locals.

The traders cup is up in Dundalk - the running before and after is away from the locals.
    You've not paid up yet then lenny? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Interesting that in this typically Glamour Desk report from the Evening Herald on the dangers of cycling

http://www.herald.ie/going-out/best-of-dublin/roz-a-bundle-of-nerves-when-cycling-in-the-city-31003766.html

the Road Safety Authority is described as advising both cyclists and drivers to be careful (for fear a car might knock over and kill another cyclist at a junction), whereas in the Newstalk report

http://www.newstalk.com/Ten-year-high-of-630-cyclists-injured-on-Irish-roads-in-2012
    Moyagh Murdock, chief executive of the RSA, commenting on the report said that "city cyclists, especially in Dublin, need to be extra vigilant. There also needs to be greater implementation of lower speed limits, by Local Authorities, particularly in these urban areas that are rich in vulnerable road users.”

• Advertisement

For some stupid reason I read through the comments on The Journal's reporting of this earlier. I'd advise noone else do it.

For some stupid reason I read through the comments on The Journal's reporting of this earlier. I'd advise noone else do it.

Reading the journal in of itself is a pain at the best of times (the fact that they pretend to be a news site when many of their stories are either ficticious, littered with falsehoods or based on tweets rather than anything resembling journalism), the comments section makes me weep.

Oh I completely agree. Awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Dipsomaniac

I've been very impressed by chain reaction delivery times of late.

Ordered 10:45am yesterday and items delivered today at 10am.

Not bad for free delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

CramCycle wrote: »
    Reading the journal in of itself is a pain at the best of times (the fact that they pretend to be a news site when many of their stories are either ficticious, littered with falsehoods or based on tweets rather than anything resembling journalism), the comments section makes me weep.

I especially love the blatant copy and pasting from tweets and a page full of filler to drag a story out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

You're a glutton, I thought it was known the world over how much of a cesspit it was.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

I agree...although they are a class above YouTube comments. That's where the dregs of humanity comment.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

tumblr_njys3io8Cv1qkzgwco1_500.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

very pretty, but a bugger to clean...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

AIR-JORDAN-5-SHOE-COVERS-CYCLISTS-2.jpg

^ what is the point of this pic???

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    ^ what is the point of this pic???

Ah, now I see it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Other than the woman having better legs than me I don't see it..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Zyzz wrote: »
    Other than the woman having better legs than me I don't see it..

Overshoes…(I think!)

Overshoes…(I think!)

Aero overshoes..what a let down..

Although I did go looking for a bulge.. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Overshoes…(I think!)
    Do they have fake laces printed on?

Overshoes…(I think!)

MIchael Jordan number, bulls coloured kit and air jordan shoe covers.

but, but, but ...... overshoes are now banned

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Race across america is on Eurosport tonight at 9 or 10. I assume it's last year's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

• Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Weepsie wrote: »
    Race across america is on Eurosport tonight at 9 or 10. I assume it's last year's.

After posting this, then seeing Raam thanked it, I just realised Raam is also acronym for said race? I often wonder where people get their handles/avatars etc from and can't believe I may have completely missed this unless it is just a coincidence then it's a good one.

Weepsie wrote: »
    After posting this, then seeing Raam thanked it, I just realised Raam is also acronym for said race? I often wonder where people get their handles/avatars etc from and can't believe I may have completely missed this unless it is just a coincidence then it's a good one.

Sorry to break it to you but he's actually just a male sheep..

Zyzz wrote: »
    Sorry to break it to you but he's actually just a male sheep..

Sorry to break it to you but it's actually his attraction to male sheep that inspired the name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Actually...

And that's the truth.

• Advertisement

Raam wrote: »
    Actually...

And that's the truth.

I heard that you were a bit overly amorous this morning and broke a gate trying to get away from the poor raam that had had enough!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement