Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

They don't even pay road tax Joe. **Off topic thread**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

daragh_ wrote: »
    Everybody chill.

It's all going to be OK thanks to these nice chaps and their imaginary friend.

Jayney :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Well, their aim isn't to fix the situation but rather...
    "The Blessing of the Roads Ceremony takes places in parts of Australia each year to raise local awareness of road safety, and we are bringing it to Mayo this year," said Noel Gibbons, road safety officer with Mayo County Council.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Everybody chill.

It's all going to be OK thanks to these nice chaps and their imaginary friend.

https://youtu.be/nC_abUffrcE?t=21s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Weren't the roads already blessed in Mayo last year? If that didn't stop accidents then surely that shows that the Catholic god may not be the real one? How about having a rabbi try this year ?

Edit: yes, blessed at Easter last year in Mayo.

http://www.midwestradio.ie/index.php/news/20124-county-s-roads-to-be-blessed-on-easter-sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Junior

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Some decent enough bikes in that collection compared to the last set I saw in which a lot of bikes looked like they would have been happily abandoned by their owners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Fian

Junior wrote: »

Be careful if I were you.

Whenever I see bikes being advertised on the internet and they don't put up vital statistics (like frame size, groupset etc.) I always pretty much assume they are stolen. Plus the price is too good on this occasion - they are giving them away. I would go ahead and assume that all those are stolen bikes - steer clear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Fian wrote: »

Whenever I see bikes being advertised on the internet and they don't put up vital statistics (like frame size, groupset etc.) I always pretty much assume they are stolen. Plus the price is too good on this occasion - they are giving them away. I would go ahead and assume that all those are stolen bikes - steer clear.

Where do you see prices? All I see is links for claiming them as lost property.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Hey Garda, my bike is on your Flickr site, can I have it back please, that expensive one there, yep that's it, here is a picture of it ;)

Never knew it was gone until today, complete coincidence that I just seen it on your site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Some decent enough bikes in that collection compared to the last set I saw in which a lot of bikes looked like they would have been happily abandoned by their owners.
    I mean: https://www.flickr.com/photos/gardasiochana/15603162733/in/set-72157625091734993
    Located in Waterford. How has someone not reported this stolen? Though I suppose maybe it was stolen in the north and sold down south or something.

I'm guessing there's €2k of bike in that. And someone's pride and joy no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

CramCycle wrote: »
    Hey Garda, my bike is on your Flickr site, can I have it back please, that expensive one there, yep that's it, here is a picture of it ;)

Never knew it was gone until today, complete coincidence that I just seen it on your site.

Oh, the notice in front of it and the label on it? I always store it like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

Fian wrote: »

Are you saying the Gards have stolen these and are now trying to sell them? This could be big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭BrianHenryIE

CifcUD6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Is there a term for when your shifter dives down all 9 cogs when down shifting? I'm trying to google for a solution to my problem here but coming up with nada.

jinkypolly wrote: »
    Are you saying the Gards have stolen these and are now trying to sell them? This could be big.

Tweet it, guaranteed thejournal will have it on their front page by morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

ED E wrote: »
    Is there a term for when your shifter dives down all 9 cogs when down shifting? I'm trying to google for a solution to my problem here but coming up with nada.

Fúcked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Probably snapped or loose cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

I think the latin for that problem is 'New Bike' :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

bp_me wrote: »
    Probably snapped or loose cable.

Snapped cable was part A. Thats what I replaced today. Think my mistake was flooding the housing with silicone oil while fitting the new cable.

It now shifts 2/3rds of the way down in one go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Rua_ri

Cheers for the link. There's no way to contact them though. ???

Try the contact us page here.

Www.velodoc-carbontec.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭lennymc

quick question for all the ivca vets - just wondering where do I stick my frame number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I wont be juvenile and tell ya to stick it where the sun dont shine.
    I think the seatpost is the best place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭dunworth1

anyone every use http://www.cyclesure.ie/

seems almost too good to be true?

also can anyone explain the actually benifits of joining cycling ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭furiousox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

Snapped cable was part A. Thats what I replaced today. Think my mistake was flooding the housing with silicone oil while fitting the new cable.

It now shifts 2/3rds of the way down in one go.

Sounds very well lubricated then :D

Have you a link to said silicone oil?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭buffalo

Rás Mumhan held their official launch recently: http://www.cyclingireland.ie/cycling-news-item/rs-mumhan-official-launch/555
    I'm trying to figure out why they felt the need to chop everyone's heads off though.

Frank%20Hayes%20Director%20Corporate%20Affairs%20Kerry%20Group%20with%20Brendan%20O%20Sullivan%20and%20Michael%20O%20Shea%20at%20the%20Launch-cropbanner.jpg

I for one dislike those jerseys

lennymc wrote: »
    quick question for all the ivca vets - just wondering where do I stick my frame number?

The frame number is traditionally found under the axle where the pedals turn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭lennymc

The frame number is traditionally found under the axle where the pedals turn.

you mean the bottom bracket? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

cunavalos wrote: »
    T1Tr4MXuJiXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_600x600.jpg

Ah, on your new bike is presumably what is implied here.

lennymc wrote: »
    you mean the bottom bracket? :P

Ah, youze and yizzer fancy termininologics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I am thinking of getting a set of Zonda's for my road bike

It's a part of me upgrading pretty much every element of my archaic Trek and the stock Bontagers on her at the moment are doing my nut in.

She's a 9 speed 105. Couldn't see reference to the Zonda's taking a 9 speed so sent them an e-mail saying "My lady needs a birthday present, and I am thinking of buying her new shoes in the line of the Zonda's". Got a response from them having the craic.

Then the other day this arrived from them for my bikes Birthday. I give these lads a good bit of business like most of us do I imagine but you really have to tip your hat to them here. Nice touch ! :)
    343037.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Coming through Castleknock this morning, a loud ping heralded a busted rear spoke. Bike shimmy's to a standstill.

About turn and back to the house - spare rear wheel's freewheel is for some reason seized (that's Saturday with a tube of WD40 gone).

So set about taking a spoke from a similar I'd written off and replacing it. Worked out ok - spoke in, wheel trued and at my desk for 10. Not bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Letter in from Customs today. Getting done for the chinese handlebars I ordered... yay? At least I know they made it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

CramCycle wrote: »

How about you take a pic form the flicker site, Photoshop the back wall a different color..add some other object into the pic, print it off and then bring it to the station and say 'you got one that looks like this ?' : )

colossus-x wrote: »
    How about you take a pic form the flicker site, Photoshop the back wall a different color..add some other object into the pic, print it off and then bring it to the station and say 'you got one that looks like this ?' : )

Stop telling people my ideas, I was going to use MS paint to drop a picture of the baby in where the sign is, they will never suspect :pac:

It certainly won't make it to the bike auctions anyway.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Today = Ormskirk = n+1 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Beasty wrote: »

DF4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

DF4?

Mp3?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

T1?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

gadetra wrote: »
    T1?
    :confused:
    DF4?
    :cool:

Meant T4 sorry, another Cervelo baby:
    http://www.cervelo.com/en/bikes/t-series/t4.html

You get a non-Cervelo bike child Beasty? :eek: How will the Dolan get on with the Cervelo's? Have you told them of the incoming interloper? :p

T1?
    :confused:

The coolest of all long term illnesses :cool:

Meant T4 sorry, another Cervelo baby:
    http://www.cervelo.com/en/bikes/t-series/t4.html

You get a non-Cervelo bike child Beasty? :eek: How will the Dolan get on with the Cervelo's? Have you told them of the incoming interloper? :p
    Cervelo are only making 6 or 8 T4s in the size I am looking for this year (that's globally although I presume they will provide separate supplies for trade and national teams), and they are unlikely to be available until August at the earliest.

I looked at the geometry and thought the DF4 might just get me the position I would like in the TT/pursuit. Anyway I'll see how it goes. Need to christen it yet. Maybe "Black Widow"!

BTW that's Dolan no 2. Was also looking at a Felt or BMC but this Dolan does not look far behind those or the Cervelo and is a nice spare to have hanging around.....

Cervelo are only making 6 or 8 T4s in the size I am looking for this year (that's globally although I presume they will provide separate supplies for trade and national teams), and they are unlikely to be available until August at the earliest.

I looked at the geometry and thought the DF4 might just get me the position I would like in the TT/pursuit. Anyway I'll see how it goes. Need to christen it yet. Maybe "Black Widow"!

BTW that's Dolan no 2. Was also looking at a Felt or BMC but this Dolan does not look far behind those or the Cervelo and is a nice spare to have hanging around.....

I'll totally 'look after' the other spares. I welcome all velo orphans… :pac:

I'll totally 'look after' the other spares. I welcome all velo orphans… :pac:

The 2nd Dolan resides at Manchester velodrome (and is far too big for you anyway)!

The 2nd Dolan resides at Manchester velodrome (and is far too big for you anyway)!

*puts on heels* It'll totally fit :p

What's gonna happen to sexy red Cervelo? How has she taken to the interloper?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement