Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

They don't even pay road tax Joe. **Off topic thread**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Selle Royale

Did anyone else read it in this voice

Samuel_L._Jackson_Pulp_fiction_2.png

and add the words "with cheese"

or was it just me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

lennymc wrote: »

or was it just me.

It was just you

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

tomasrojo wrote: »
    I met MES in a bar before a gig in Dublin once. He was really quite charming and, to my complete amazement, had a few drinks with me and my then girlfriend. His speech was a bit hard to understand though.

Enjoyed this, liked their stuff without loving it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

BBC 1 (NI) have a new series featuring comedian Michael Smiley cycling around Northern Ireland - "Something to Ride Home About".

Might be worth a look - on Monday's at 10.45pm.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05xg6d9

BBC 1 (NI) have a new series featuring comedian Michael Smiley cycling around Northern Ireland - "Something to Ride Home About".

Might be worth a look - on Monday's at 10.45pm.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05xg6d9

Looks good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I can't be the only one whose enthusiasm to watch the Giro highlights of the day is directly proportional to the size of the days stage thread?

I'm not in a hurry for todays anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I can't be the only one whose enthusiasm to watch the Giro highlights of the day is directly proportional to the size of the days stage thread?

I'm not in a hurry for todays anyway.

Understandable, but I'd say today's stage was considerably better than the stage which actually had the highest post count. I just couldn't be bothered posting much today, which probably reduced the post count a fair bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Did anyone else read it in this voice

Samuel_L._Jackson_Pulp_fiction_2.png

and add the words "with cheese"

Perfect Lenny :D

Understandable, but I'd say today's stage was considerably better than the stage which actually had the highest post count. I just couldn't be bothered posting much today, which probably reduced the post count a fair bit.

Yeah, just finished watching it when everyone went to bed. I watched the majority of it compared to the last few, in which I ended up just fast forwarding to the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

Probably not worthy of a thread on it's own.

How do you racing folks wind down after a race?

I've been having issues getting to sleep after League Races on Thursday nights.

I don't take Gels or Energy Drinks (races aren't long enough to justify them tbh). I usually ride home after to cool down and get the HR at a normal level.

Any thoughts? Meditation. Whalesong, Jagermeister Shots....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Dinner & wine usually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

seamus wrote: »
    Dinner & wine usually.

Are you buying? :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

daragh_ wrote: »
    Are you buying? :p

Only if you put out

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Race harder? :pac:

When I was racing track it did take awhile as I was quite pumped afterwards, a shower, dinner, one bottle of beer and a movie, park your brain at the door type of stuff, that would not excite the neurons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

I don't take Gels or Energy Drinks (races aren't long enough to justify them tbh). I usually ride home after to cool down and get the HR at a normal level.

a beer probably is a good one, if seen as a bit of a crutch, isn't warm milk a good one, always get same from tennis in summer when your not on till 9 or 10pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I've been having issues getting to sleep after League Races on Thursday nights..Any thoughts? Meditation. Whalesong, Jagermeister Shots....?
    Watch the Giro.

Stay awake or fall asleep, it's all good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Cottage cheese... warm milk

Warm milk with honey, also something repetitive and boring. Ironing (seriously) is helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

rWYKrHw.png?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Zyzz wrote: »
    rWYKrHw.png?1

How are we to support this potential candidate without knowing their identity?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

did everyone vote?

I didn't.

did everyone vote?

Yes :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

yep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Warm milk. I like a buffalo mozzarella salad with a whole big buf. moz. in it. Dairy is the way to post race relaxation for me anyway!
    did everyone vote?

I did. I spent 4 hours on public transport to do so. yes, yes yes! I got the bus back, and for one hour and 45 minutes "The Right Hook" was on. Fcukin hell. Apparantly everyone on a bike is an anti-car fanatic, and the city council is running an anti-car conspiracy, the minimum wage will destroy American business, and if you can't live on it get a better job, OR, (and this was golden) you're too stupid to deserve a livable wage. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Blood pressure soared. I phoned a friend as I couldn't listen to it. I never knew such extremist right wing views were so freely aired without balance! *shudder*

It became immediately apparent, after the driver FINALLY changed the station, (80's hits woo!) that the person next to me was a hummer.

The vote was worth every second of it :D

I really need to remember to move my vote. It's been 12 years, fcukin hell! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,012 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

... warm milk
    RobFowl wrote: »
    Warm milk...
    :eek: I think I'm going to be sick! I can barely tolerate ice cold milk (which I haven't tasted in years) but the thoughts of warm milk............I can't think of anything more revolting....I'd rather stick pins in my eye balls. I'm all queasy now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

did everyone vote?

nope.

did everyone vote?

Yup, wish I'd had the sense to transfer my vote instead of having to spend 3 hours on buses and trains to do it, but made it all the same.

• Advertisement

I think the most annoying thing on television at the minute is Declan Quigley's pronunciation of Alberto Contador on Eurosport..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

I think the most annoying thing on television at the minute is Declan Quigley's pronunciation of Alberto Contador on Eurosport..

assuming your watching Eurosport Uk thats rob hatch, who is a damn good lead comm by the general standards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

did everyone vote?

Yep. I voted for you,Lenny!

manafana wrote: »
    assuming your watching Eurosport Uk thats rob hatch, who is a damn good lead comm by the general standards

I'm pretty sure it's Declan and Sean Kelly with the Giro? I could be wrong

Edit - some googling suggests it's rob hatch, I stand corrected!

I'm pretty sure it's Declan and Sean Kelly with the Giro? I could be wrong

It's definitely Rob Hatch.

A lot of people seem to mix up Hatch and Quigley, no idea why.

2RvcH6h.png

:eek: I think I'm going to be sick! I can barely tolerate ice cold milk (which I haven't tasted in years) but the thoughts of warm milk............I can't think of anything more revolting....I'd rather stick pins in my eye balls. I'm all queasy now.

A prescription for melatonin is another option. There's be a few herbal remedies for sleep between Nourish and H&B too I guess.

gadetra wrote: »
    Warm milk. I like a buffalo mozzarella salad with a whole big buf. moz. in it. Dairy is the way to post race relaxation for me anyway!

I did. I spent 4 hours on public transport to do so. yes, yes yes! I got the bus back, and for one hour and 45 minutes "The Right Hook" was on. Fcukin hell. Apparantly everyone on a bike is an anti-car fanatic, and the city council is running an anti-car conspiracy, the minimum wage will destroy American business, and if you can't live on it get a better job, OR, (and this was golden) you're too stupid to deserve a livable wage. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Blood pressure soared. I phoned a friend as I couldn't listen to it. I never knew such extremist right wing views were so freely aired without balance! *shudder*

It became immediately apparent, after the driver FINALLY changed the station, (80's hits woo!) that the person next to me was a hummer.

The vote was worth every second of it :D

I really need to remember to move my vote. It's been 12 years, fcukin hell! :eek:

You could have and should have cycled down!

Actually... Simplest for sleep is camomile tea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Put my back out cutting the bloody grass yesterday so lying in bed most of the morning catching up on Saturday's Irish Times. Great to see two decent articles on cycling in the magazine section, one on "interesting" cyclists and their bikes and the other by Paul Cullen on doing the Mallorca 312. Pity the former is immediately followed by an ad for a car but that's commercial reality I suppose.

Hopefully the physio will be able to work his magic during the week and I will make it to Mick Byrne next weekend.

• Advertisement

Has anyone done the Mark Hayden memorial in Carlow? Any route info?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Bought the missus a Trek Lexa SL

This should be an interesting development.

After two days of bitching at me over the saddle height (she had a bike fit)

She loved it. (Told you it was OK FFS)

I'm not sure where this is going tbh, bar hills, lots of hills.

That will teach her :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

^^^^^ If you keep doing things like that you'll have none of your own bikes left..:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭Fian

Looks wet, and looks like he was trying to stop, just didn't manage to on time. He was going at a fair clip in the traffic/conditions though and he was well beyond the stop line when he hit the bus.

Glad to see he walked away he almost ended under the wheels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

Fian wrote: »
    looks like he was trying to stop, just didn't manage to on time.

It looks to me like he is still pedalling quickly after the light has turned red, but it's hard to tell from the video.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

tumblr_nn986nVeaH1swtjjuo1_500.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭buffalo

^^ So that's what 'maximum attack' looks like!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Don't try this at your local league race. You might roll a clincher. ;)

• Advertisement

I remember seeing that a few weeks ago during that race and I nearly jumped off the seat with a "Whooo!" at it. Awesome skills.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement