Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

They don't even pay road tax Joe. **Off topic thread**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

el tel wrote: »
    But you will, one day
    :eek: We are Apple. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

:eek: We are Apple. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Never! So so poor phones compared to Samsung.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

ronoc wrote: »
    Need to but some degreaser for my chain / cassette.

Preferably in bulk, cheap and won't kill my lawn.

Any suggestuions?

Jizer.
    About a tenner a gallon in the motor factors.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

snailsong wrote: »
    Jizer.
    <snip>

*snigger*

In other news I'm loving the Waterford Whispers News/Broadsheet/Rabble v Dennis O Brien spat. The latest WWN riposte is hilarious:

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2015/05/01/denis-obrien-to-sue-everyone/

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

gadetra wrote: »
    In other news I'm loving the Waterford Whispers News/Broadsheet/Rabble v Dennis O Brien spat. The latest WWN riposte is hilarious:

I would be very careful what you say gadetra - Mr D. O'Brien has at least 2 accounts that are used regularly to post on this forum

Beasty wrote: »
    I would be very careful what you say gadetra - Mr D. O'Brien has at least 2 accounts that are used regularly to post on this forum

He can go swivel :P

Ireland won the Aga Khan today and I can't find coverage or highlights anywhere :mad: Second year in 20 I have missed it. Boo!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Ireland won the Aga Khan today and I can't find coverage or highlights anywhere :mad: Second year in 20 I have missed it. Boo!
    i feel for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

They have just been forced by threat of legal action to remove a rather pointed parody featuring a photo wherein the head a well-known entrepreneur (called Dinnes or something like that) was superimposed onto a photo of notorious criminal John Gilligan.

Then this appears:
    http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2015/08/07/wwns-apology-to-john-gilligan/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

He can go swivel :P

I watched it live. It was great. Ireland never really looked like losing.
    Sorry.

tomasrojo wrote: »
    They have just been forced by threat of legal action to remove a rather pointed parody featuring a photo wherein the head a well-known entrepreneur (called Dinnes or something like that) was superimposed onto a photo of notorious criminal John Gilligan.

Then this appears:
    http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2015/08/07/wwns-apology-to-john-gilligan/

Yup, seent hat. Their profile pic is amazing too. What the heck is he on?!!
    Eamonnator wrote: »
    I watched it live. It was great. Ireland never really looked like losing.
    Sorry.

Nawwwwwww!!!:mad: :(:(:( I knew I should have taken the day off and gone. The ID stallions and the 3,4 and 5 year old event horses were on too were on today as well, my second favorite day of the show. Grrr!

ETA That'd be wednesday. Damn broken brain!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Nawwwwwww!!!:mad: :(:(:( I knew I should have taken the day off and gone.
    Took the 2 oldest daughters, and was right on the "halfway" line - they didn't seem that impressed when I explained they were seeing pretty much the highest quality showjumping you can get. They are looking forward to the puissance tomorrow though.

(highlights were on Eurosport although they described it as the Italian leg!)

Took the 2 oldest daughters, and was right on the "halfway" line - they didn't seem that impressed when I explained they were seeing pretty much the highest quality showjumping you can get. They are looking forward to the puissance tomorrow though.

(highlights were on Eurosport although they described it as the Italian leg!)

Argh don't have Eurosport!

They were watching the creme de la creme! I'm well jealous *green face*

I normally position myself on the warm up arena on Aga Khan day, and for the Grand Prix. Always the most interesting thing to see for me, I like watching different training methods in practice, how different riders and coaches work with different/similar types of animal.

The Breeders championships was on today. It's the class of the show for me, followed by the 3 year old loose jumping of a Thursday (I think it is usually anyway!).

Nawww :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Statement: I didn't get to see something that I watch with pleasure every year and I'm quite upset about it.

Response 1: I watched it on TV and it was excellent.

Response 2: I watched it live at the event itself with a group of friends/family and am attending said event again tomorrow.

Response 3: I am sorry to hear that. Perhaps I'd be in a position to record the highlights of said event on the sports channel transmitting them later. Then you'd get to enjoy the event you missed.

Two of these responses lack empathy and are similar to those of a very young child or clinically diagnosed psychopath. One of these is the appropriate response. Can you guess which one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Statement: I didn't get to see something that I watch with pleasure every year and I'm quite upset about it.

Response 2: I watched it live at the event itself with a group of friends/family and am attending said event again tomorrow.

Response 3: I am sorry to hear that. Perhaps I'd be in a position to record the highlights of said event on the sports channel transmitting them later. Then you'd get to enjoy the event you missed.

Two of these responses lack empathy and are similar to those of a very young child or clinically diagnosed psychopath. One of these is the appropriate response. Can you guess which one?

How much are you charging per gram, Harry?

I'd like to try whatever it is!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Isn't it odd that there's no footage online (that I can find) of the most important annual event in Irish showjumping.
    And yes, Gadgetra, the lack of coverage is strange. It's the same with shepherding; last year Ireland won both the junior and the senior One Man and His Dog series, and there wasn't a peep about it in the papers. And of course any sport involving women.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Boom, but it took years of training to trick people in every day life,

CramCycle wrote: »

D'oh! I was searching the RTE Player site for "Aga Khan".

You left out,What I considered to be the most important word in my response,
    and that word was "sorry"

• Advertisement

That's a bit much Harry. Comparing what these people have said to a clinically diagnosed psychopath? Come on, relax there tonto and maybe stop trying to find fault and reason to argue over things that people say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Wobbly bikes, flappy t-shirts, gurney faces..trips to LBS to tighten a brake cable...it can only mean one thing.....

....Triathlon has come to town.

11822777_705597402906277_4548469877320617892_n.jpg?oh=8bedc1d65810ccc9842305da38e6bebc&oe=5648FD54

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

357930.jpg

OleRodrigo wrote: »
    Wobbly bikes, flappy t-shirts, gurney faces..trips to LBS to tighten a brake cable...it can only mean one thing.....

....Triathlon has come to town.

11822777_705597402906277_4548469877320617892_n.jpg?oh=8bedc1d65810ccc9842305da38e6bebc&oe=5648FD54

And not a sleeveless jersey or pair of compression stockings in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Old Perry

is there a dedicated buying/advice thread round here? wanted to get opinions but dont see the need to start another 'should i buy this or that' thread.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    And not a sleeveless jersey or pair of compression stockings in sight.

They were in abundance around Dublin today. I thought one fellow was going to take off, his (sleeveless )jersey was flapping so fiercely.

His sisters camogie socks must have been keeping him anchored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    That's a bit much Harry. Comparing what these people have said to a clinically diagnosed psychopath? Come on, relax there tonto and maybe stop trying to find fault and reason to argue over things that people say?

I think we need a sarcasm smiley. Maybe I should just use a smiley.

I think we need a sarcasm smiley. Maybe I should just use a smiley.

Didn't read that as sarcasm at all. Defo need one son. Or at least use a smiley with a wink or something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭koutoubia

They were in abundance around Dublin today. I thought one fellow was going to take off, his (sleeveless )jersey was flapping so fiercely.

His sisters camogie socks must have been keeping him anchored.
    Last I was at the great Ireland Run thing in the park ( The Phoenix Park for those of you outside Dublin) as a spectator/goodwill supporter for wife.
    There was more the one woman who ran in their sportsbra ( not my wife!)
    What is it with these people and their dress code?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i suspect my joke was too subtle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

roverrules wrote: »
    If it said Garda you might be in trouble here. Lol

How about
    Lake
    Garda
    for the holidays

koutoubia wrote: »
    Last I was at the great Ireland Run thing in the park ( The Phoenix Park for those of you outside Dublin) as a spectator/goodwill supporter for wife.
    There was more the one woman who ran in their sportsbra ( not my wife!)
    What is it with these people and their dress code?

Eh? why not? You wear whatever you feel comfortable in! I don't think anyone's gonna be scandalized by a sports bra :rolleyes: besides they're the same as some running tops and crop tops that are out now (again, hello 90's II)

So impressed by this ad for a bike for sale - a photo of the receipt is part of the ad:
    Nice to see - ad for secondhand bike *with the receipt http://www.adverts.ie/road-bikes/brand-new-never-used-racing-bike/8604572?utm_source=email&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=SearchAlert

Eh? why not? You wear whatever you feel comfortable in! I don't think anyone's gonna be scandalized by a sports bra :rolleyes: besides they're the same as some running tops and crop tops that are out now (again, hello 90's II)

I'll just leave this here.

462681192_77134fad79.jpg?v=0

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Puggy

I'll just leave this here.

Please use spoiler tags, I'm in bed having coffe and toast. This is not safe for the bedroom.

Image of pure awefullness

One of the spectators passed out as a result of that sight!

One of the spectators passed out as a result of that sight!

The levels of awesome radiated by the Athlete - the Man of Iron - would have been astronomical.

The poor spectator didn't stand a chance.

Old Perry wrote: »
    is there a dedicated buying/advice thread round here? wanted to get opinions but dont see the need to start another 'should i buy this or that' thread.
    There's no problem starting a new thread (or indeed posting your questions in this thread). Obviously a lot of topics come up quite regularly, but many posters have different requirements/priorities. Despite the sarcastic comments some may make, we all start somewhere, and the amount of information contained within the collective cycling forum community is pretty impressive. Posters who start asking questions about what to buy often start answering similar questions in due course, but can then put their own slant on it.

• Advertisement

There's no problem starting a new thread (or indeed posting your questions in this thread). Obviously a lot of topics come up quite regularly, but many posters have different requirements/priorities. Despite the sarcastic comments some may make, we all start somewhere, and the amount of information contained within the collective cycling forum community is pretty impressive. Posters who start asking questions about what to buy often start answering similar questions in due course, but can then put their own slant on it.

cheers, ah its just a quick question so ill post it in here in a bit when i get my hands on links.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭rollingscone

In one of my least favourite places in life yesterday...A department store changing cubicle.

Thank you cycling for making it no longer be a traumatic experience being stuck in a small room full of mirrors.

Yup, so this is the selection im looking at,

http://www.bunnyhop.de/de/categorie?page=categorie&cat=16&page_action=rennrad&page=categorie&cat=16&sorting=price

and these are two that i got my eye on,

http://www.bunnyhop.de/de/fahrraeder/rennrad/scott-speedster-60-cd-14-sp-2015

http://www.bunnyhop.de/de/fahrraeder/rennrad/scott-speedster-50-cd-16-sp-2014

someone mentioned this website on a thread the other day thats how i found it. so im just wondering what people reckon to the above two bikes, if i were to plus or minus a 100euro would i get something much better or roughly the same. my last bike was a trek 1.1 and without having a clue of any of the technical info on road bikes i was happy enough to peddle away many kilometers on it. im not going to be racing or anythin, its just for fitness and a liking for cycling really. thanks.

In one of my least favourite places in life yesterday...A department store changing cubicle.

Thank you cycling for making it no longer be a traumatic experience being stuck in a small room full of mirrors.

Due to weight loss?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Due to weight loss?

Yarr. Or stability at least. I'm not in my all time best shape but it balances out my high stress office diet.

Yarr. Or stability at least. I'm not in my all time best shape but it balances out my high stress office diet.

Get a new job. Anything that provides high stress can't be worth it if it ain't good for your health, mental or otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Get a new job. Anything that provides high stress can't be worth it if it ain't good for your health, mental or otherwise.

Depends though. My job is high stress, but I love it. Ups and downs included, I couldn't really do anything else.

OldBean wrote: »
    Depends though. My job is high stress, but I love it. Ups and downs included, I couldn't really do anything else.

Couldn't or don't want to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Walking on Dun Laoghaire pier in Shimano SPD shoes (no cleats), Gabba jacket (worn on a Flash Gordon style cotton t-shirt) and worn-out jeans (right leg rolled up) - is it a new roadie-hipster style or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Strava is down :eek::eek:

(hands tremble... cold sweat...)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement