Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

They don't even pay road tax Joe. **Off topic thread**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

Shout out to Zyzz of this parish who had a bad crash in Wexford yesterday. Wrote off his bike. Get well soon dude!!

In good news, dragratchet won the sprint in the same race in awesome fashion :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

daragh_ wrote: »
    Shout out to Zyzz of this parish who had a bad crash in Wexford yesterday. Wrote off his bike as. Get well soon dude!!

Ah Shíte. Get well soon man. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,141 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Shout out to Zyzz of this parish who had a bad crash in Wexford yesterday
    I look forward to an animated gif of the healing process. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Shout out to Zyzz of this parish who had a bad crash in Wexford yesterday. Wrote off his bike. Get well soon dude!!

Crashing at Zyzz speeds? :0

That poor bike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

I was coming in the Malahide road on Saturday and stopped at lights in the bike lane with a bus beside me. Some girl with L plates on a scooter in the bike lane attempted to squeeze between me and the bus. I wasn't impressed at all and I think the look I gave her scared her and she backed off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Crashing at Zyzz speeds? :0

That poor bike

It was only 50km/h ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Zyzz wrote: »
    It was only 50km/h ;)

I heard the list of injuries this morning (there is no privacy left), surprised your able to type. Glad to hear your sort of OK.

CramCycle wrote: »
    I heard the list of injuries this morning (there is no privacy left), surprised your able to type. Glad to hear your sort of OK.

One handed, very slowly. Took me about 1 minute to manoeuvre myself out of bed this morning :o

I'll use this time to perfect my mod CV :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

One handed, very slowly. Took me about 1 minute to manoeuvre myself out of bed this morning :o

I thought you were joking re the karma comment! Bad news and sorry to hear it. Get well soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

[waiting for the full story, Beasty style]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

Not just you, something's a bit fecked on the site's end. Hopefully all fixed tomorrow.

Still a bit dodge; if you click on the red number of posts beside your username you're brought into a Mosaic-style list from 1995.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Still a bit dodge; if you click on the red number of posts beside your username you're brought into a Mosaic-style list from 1995.

Are you using the newest forum skin?

Are you using the newest forum skin?

Skin?

Skin?

In the dropdown menu at the bottom of this page - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions

Which forum skin is selected for you?

In the dropdown menu at the bottom of this page - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/profile.php?do=editoptions

Which forum skin is selected for you?

"Use forum default"

• Advertisement

Ah, it's not Mosaic any more now.

"Use forum default"

Probably worth reporting to the site devs so - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=228

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭buffalo

One handed, very slowly.

You've plenty of practice so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

buffalo wrote: »
    You've plenty of practice so!

He, who hesitates...

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

On
    Only one mod with experience of crashing at that sort of speed is required....

Have you given the turbo a go yet? If you really want a challenge, one-handed on the rollers is just the thing:P

Hope you have a speedy recovery. In fact this is your chance for a break for the close season - with a bit of luck you will be back, all cylinders firing, in time for next season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Buy shares they said, be grand they said :/

*sigh*

In other news the Cat has appointed itself to manage our new project.

It assessed the situation earlier and appointed me Junior Mechanic.

2qsp3jt.jpg

I think it just wants the box for some sort of Cat Castle or Tayto park like Cat adventure playground but I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt.

Zombie Kangaroo Apocalypse (via Broadsheet.ie)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

2s78f14.jpg

Alek wrote: »
    [waiting for the full story, Beasty style]

From my Facebook :o

"Regarding today, was a pretty good race, in the last kilometre a guy shot across in front of me and clipped my front wheel..which ended up sending me to the ground, a very scary experience. Medic greeted me with a 'don't move', followed by a 'I can see bone sticking out of your arm'.

Fair bit of damage to my hip and shoulder, as well as the chipped elbow. New helmet is cracked, shoes are busted and sadly the bike is a complete write off, so all fit for the bin and a very costly day."
    Beasty wrote: »
    Only one mod with experience of crashing at that sort of speed is required....

Have you given the turbo a go yet? If you really want a challenge, one-handed on the rollers is just the thing:P

Hope you have a speedy recovery. In fact this is your chance for a break for the close season - with a bit of luck you will be back, all cylinders firing, in time for next season

You need some youth with those accolades in the team Beasty, what happens when you retire!! :p

Not yet, hip is in a pretty bad way but I'll be back in the saddle as soon as I can. Those one handed roller sessions do not sound dodgy at all! Thanks for the good wishes though, slowly but surely acquiring a broken enough helmet that warrants a thread that won't be deleted ;)

Fair bit of damage to my hip and shoulder, as well as the chipped elbow. New helmet is cracked, shoes are busted and sadly the bike is a complete write off, so all fit for the bin and a very costly day."

Costly for you or the guy who crashed into you?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Jesus zyzz ouch you poor thing! I hope the drugs are good and you're as comfortable as you can be. Do you know how long you'll be out of action? Take all the good stuff whilst you can get it!

Thanks gadetra :) Couple of weeks I've been told, but it's my body so I'm the only one who can tell how I actually am feeling!
    Costly for you or the guy who crashed into you?

For me, bike wasn't insured, nor were the other bits and bobs. I'm happy to be walking away from it, I'm not one to fear things but the fall/crash really scared the bejesus out of me. Excuse for a new frame though so that's always a good thing :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

Excuse for a new frame though so that's always a good thing :o

You aren't aiming high enough. I think you need 2 new bikes at least.

You aren't aiming high enough. I think you need 2 new bikes at least.

I wasn't sure if TT bike chat was allowed around here, I know some of the mods are looking for any excuse to get rid of me ;) :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

ouch. hopefully you recover quickly zyzz.

I wasn't sure if TT bike chat was allowed around here, I know some of the mods are looking for any excuse to get rid of me ;) :P

Well our motto is add insult to injury ;)

Glad you're in good form anyway, get well soon brah :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

A few squirrels from Stocking Lane said they already miss the excitement of playing chicken with you. Get well soon Z!

Alek wrote: »
    A few squirrels from Stocking Lane said they already miss the excitement of playing chicken with you. Get well soon Z!

I may have to start selling some KOMs in order to be able to afford a new bike!! :o

Missing - parts of my shifter

Reward will be given. :p

oOlTmFE.jpg?2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Thanks gadetra :) Couple of weeks I've been told, but it's my body so I'm the only one who can tell how I actually am feeling!

For me, bike wasn't insured, nor were the other bits and bobs. I'm happy to be walking away from it, I'm not one to fear things but the fall/crash really scared the bejesus out of me. Excuse for a new frame though so that's always a good thing :o

Does Cycling Ireland Insurance cover any of the costs? I don't have a clue about crashing while racing etc but I was just wondering. I added membership a few months ago.

As many have said, hope you heal well soon.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Spectator tried to steal Ben King's bike after he crashes in the Vuelta:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/news-shorts-ben-king-robbed-during-vuelta-no-fair-play-in-cycling-says-vinkourov/

What the feic? :eek:

Don't look at me..

:pac:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Does Cycling Ireland Insurance cover any of the costs? I don't have a clue about crashing while racing etc but I was just wondering. I added membership a few months ago.

As many have said, hope you heal well soon.
    CI insurance will cover medical expenses, but not damage to bike, helmet, clothing and the like

Zyzz, if you do need to make a claim you need to make an initial report to the insurers via CI within 30 days. Details are on the CI website. Insurance will cover for medical expenses incurred up to a year after the accident

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    CI insurance will cover medical expenses, but not damage to bike, helmet, clothing and the like

Zyzz, if you do need to make a claim you need to make an initial report to the insurers via CI within 30 days. Details are on the CI website. Insurance will cover for medical expenses incurred up to a year after the accident

Thanks a million, I was going to send you a PM but that saves me the trouble! :o

Because I've always wanted to know my stove-lighting heartrate. Upside down.

Screen_Shot_2015_08_26_at_09_24_18.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Strova.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Lumen wrote: »
    Because I've always wanted to know my stove-lighting heartrate. Upside down.

What makes you think it's upside down? His heart rate is 601. Shouldn't have stopped to eat those foxgloves.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Sram wireless shifting launched. Roll on wireless braking.

That is a good idea, because this:

Screen_Shot_2015_08_26_at_11_32_20.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Feature-wise I think it's really neat and, if all works as it should, it ought be labour saving in terms of installation and maintenance. If it works...

I'm still waiting for someone to invent wireless pedalling...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Another cyclist vs. motorist video!

Want

IMG_0144-132-576x384.jpg

Canyon launching own bike computer. Runs Android. Can install apps on it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement