Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hen party in trim

Options
  • 10-10-2013 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi, I'm having a hen party in Trim and was wondering if anyone can recommend a few good pubs? The plan is to have a bit of a crawl and then finish the night in the nightclub Xango. Is it any good? I have never been out in Trim so any recommendations would be great. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Hi Pinkgirl97, I'm moving your thread to the Meath forum as it's more suited to that forum. Please read the forum charter there before posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

If you're looking for a meal first, I recommend Khan Spices (Indian).

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Pinkgirl97

Meal is sorted having that in the hotel just looking for some good pubs and nightclub

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Judge and jury on Market street for the early party you will be well looked after in there.Then as the night moves on you should go on to Tullys beside it.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

Good pubs - I'm not going to lie - it's a struggle!!!

The pub i drink in is the malt and lenihans -lenihans would be jammed most weekends. That would be your best bet for a Hen or the pub across the road from it - The Haggard It's the most expensive pub in town. The malt would be more a locals pub - quiet enough

Stay away from Judge and Jury.

Tullys - Ok

Sallys - very quiet

Kieleys - might be lively - small enough

Lynch's - as above - small local type pub

Trim Hotel bar - it's a hotel bar.

McCormacks - Lively and beside a nightclub - very small new one but never been in so can't comment

To be honest if it's a nightclub, you'd be better getting one of the many buses to navan and hitting the palace or solar - you could organise one between all of you and it would be handy - i'll drop yez over if any of you are good looking enough!!!:) Just messin!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Mooby

Which hotel are you staying in? Maybe you could plan a route for a crawl up to Xangos?

Jinkybhoy - where's the new club beside mccormack's?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

Mooby wrote: »
    Which hotel are you staying in? Maybe you could plan a route for a crawl up to Xangos?

Think it's called the shed or something...goes all the way back to tullys... As I said never been. Doubt it's up too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

'The Barrell' is the new spot next to McCormacks. It's just an extension out the very back of Tullys with different decor really, not a nightclub by any stretch.

Mooby wrote: »

We are staying in knightsbrook hotel.what route would you suggest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Mooby

Well you're a taxi ride into Trim. You could stop at Marcies on the way in, this is in Newtown, very old style small pub, might have novelty value, then maybe into Trim, hit Lenihans, The Bounty Bar, Sally's (sometimes music on a Saturday night), Tully's, Kiely's, Lynches, and then up to the Castle Arch and Xangos.

• Advertisement

Ok so ended up in xango's and left after a hour.would never go back again.a gang tried to rob our bags and drinks.all we wanted was a fun night out and some dancing,so we left before a fight started.would definetly not recommend it.thanks for all your replies though.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

Pinkgirl97 wrote: »
    Ok so ended up in xango's and left after a hour.would never go back again.a gang tried to rob our bags and drinks.all we wanted was a fun night out and some dancing,so we left before a fight started.would definetly not recommend it.thanks for all your replies though.

Wish I saw this thread before. My advice would have been DONT. Trim is no good for a Hen or Stag and that Xango's is a kip.

Advertisement