Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Network Card Problem?

Options
  • 11-10-2013 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Recently my internet connection seems to have totally crapped out, often very very slow and intermittently cutting out completely.

I have been using this bad boy for the past year, my pc is upstairs through a floor and a couple doors and a wall, so I am of course expecting some speed slow down.

However we have 100mbps UPC and I used to get speeds of at least 20 which I was fine with, now it's often less than 1, and can completely cut out for long periods.

So it could be the network card, UPC's line, their EPC-3925 box and some misconfigured channel setting etc., some kind of recent external interference from a neighbour, or the PC itself :D Any ideas on how I can figure out the issue? I have noticed when the internet is slow or cut out on my PC it seems absolutely fine and speedy on my Galaxy S4 - so I feel like it's not a problem with the UPC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Hmm after examining inSSIDer is appears the signal is okay and not conflicting with any neighbours' majorly (although they are using the 40MHz band and I receive a better signal from them than my own, when I stick on the 40MHz range myself it seems to make connectivity worse). It's a pretty cool tool nonetheless.

Don't know what to do now. I'm considering buying a wifi repeater, but maybe the issue is simply that the EPC-3925 is rubbish and likes to kick my computer off of the internet every so often? Especially seeing as it was fine for months and only seems to have recently started misbehaving...

Advertisement