Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Flavour Of Absolut Vodka

Options
  • 11-10-2013 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,870 ✭✭✭✭

I'm going to try some Absolut vodka but I'm not sure which flavour to go with. Which would you recommend?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

If it's gonna be your first time having Absolut go unflavoured. If you've had it before try Vanilla, Citron, Raspberry and Mango.

Mango Absolut and Orange Juice is amazing.

Vanilla, Ginger ale and Lime wedged squeeze over is so good I can't explain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If it's gonna be your first time having Absolut go unflavoured.
    Absolut "unflavoured" is fairly flavoured, they are meant to put back in different "cuts" of the distillate to give it a "vodka taste".

The flavoured absoluts are supposed to be made from a purer spirit, so the vodka taste does not interfere with it. i.e. it is not simply regular absolut vodka with flavouring

Citron is nice & subtle, lovely with 7up.

Skyy vodka is the purest spirit I have had, they aimed to make a neutral vodka, rather than one with a "vodka flavour". it is great for cocktails because of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Normal absolut with cranberry juice and crushed ice done finely, the crushed ice makes the drink. Regular ice ain't gonna cut it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If you like crushed ice you should look at getting tray for mini ice cubes.

mini-ice-cube-trays.jpg

I use mine far more than I thought I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,908 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I just use an ice crusher, it produces fine crystals. Slush puppy vodka.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

The raspberry one is pretty nice. However the Smirnoff flavoured vodkas are horrible. I dont know anyone who actually likes them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    I just use an ice crusher, it produces fine crystals. Slush puppy vodka.

Big ole Schtick, money bag and ice cubes worked for nearly a year in work :D finally we got an automatic Ice Crusher in :pac:

Not nearly as fun as watching someone batter the ****e out of ice for a good hour and hitting their own hand a few times :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭upforit101

Absolut Pear goes fantastically well with Coke/Coke Zero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Raspberry Vodka....fill it 3Quarters with 7up then top off with red bull. Some ice and a wedge of lemon/lime! nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 puffThis

Go for Vanilla then mix it with lime or Sprite, that'll give you the best flavor ever for a vodka. :)

• Advertisement

puffThis wrote: »
    Go for Vanilla then mix it with lime or Sprite, that'll give you the best flavor ever for a vodka. :)

vanilla and fanta orange!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 puffThis

I haven't tried fanta orange, but in our place I've only seen vanilla so I'd suggest how do we deal with just one flavor. Mix it with other chaser. lol

puffThis wrote: »
    I haven't tried fanta orange, but in our place I've only seen vanilla so I'd suggest how do we deal with just one flavor. Mix it with other chaser. lol

ah the fanta one is really nice but you will get sick of it if you drink too much of it! worth a try though!icon10.png

Advertisement