Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 31), October 12-13, 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Pats v Sligo is on RTE2.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

It's a game of which set of players cares the least in the Brandywell, given Derry's form

I'm going for Rovers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Big game at the Brandywell, win could mean 4th place and possible European football if Sligo win the Cup.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Win for us, a loss for Bray or 2 draws will see Bohs mathematically safe from relegation. Hard to see us going down at this point, but will be nice to be sure :)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Looking forward to the first leg of 'the great Pats bottling it trilogy'. I'm thinking a draw against Sligo tomorrow night. Pressure cranked up against Derry again they can also only manage a draw. Away to Cork on the final day needing a point to win the league on goal difference. Pats nerves are shredded at this stage. Legs feel like jelly. Horgan tears them a new one. Victory for Cork. League for Dundalk who have won their final three games.

Can't wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Losing 3 out of your past 4 games in all competitions - The bottling has already been done.

Stephen Kenny moaning about diving in Richmond.
    Stephen Kenny complaining about imaginary offsides at the Limerick game.
    Stephen Kenny accusing Martin Russell and UCD of rolling over for Pats.
    Karma came back to haunt him for all unprofessional **** stirring the past weeks with the Buttimer robbery.

Wonder what complaints he will have tomorrow when Bohs nick some points from Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Pighead wrote: »
    Looking forward to the first leg of 'the great Pats bottling it trilogy'. I'm thinking a draw against Sligo tomorrow night. Pressure cranked up against Derry again they can also only manage a draw. Away to Cork on the final day needing a point to win the league on goal difference. Pats nerves are shredded at this stage. Legs feel like jelly. Horgan tears them a new one. Victory for Cork. League for Dundalk who have won their final three games.

Can't wait.

LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Please Limerick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Please Limerick!

No, it's more than PLEASE Limerick :confused:

In this very moment, my hopes are less than zero, but I wan't to be proven wrong.

FreeOSCAR wrote: »
    Losing 3 out of your past 4 games in all competitions - The bottling has already been done.

Stephen Kenny moaning about diving in Richmond.
    Stephen Kenny complaining about imaginary offsides at the Limerick game.
    Stephen Kenny accusing Martin Russell and UCD of rolling over for Pats.
    Karma came back to haunt him for all unprofessional **** stirring the past weeks with the Buttimer robbery.

Wonder what complaints he will have tomorrow when Bohs nick some points from Dundalk.
    Your obviously new to this game. ALL managers enjoy a little whinge and a moan after a defeat. Kenny's actually one of the more gracious in the league. When we beat Rovers, Croly wouldn't even shake his hand.

Looking forward to completing a clean sweep against Bohs tomorrow evening. Don't think they've even scored against us yet. Let's cap off a magnificent season with three stylish victories.

Pighead Thanks This Post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Massive night in the first division, El Classico in Athlone could put Longford out of the playoffs all together after they were top going into the break. I see the first division team will have their second leg at home in the promotion/relegation playoff which could be am massive advantage. Personally would fancy Waterford or Longford ( if they get their act together) to beat Shels or Bray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Wojus.

Just wojus.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Massive night in the first division, El Classico in Athlone could put Longford out of the playoffs all together after they were top going into the break. I see the first division team will have their second leg at home in the promotion/relegation playoff which could be am massive advantage. Personally would fancy Waterford or Longford ( if they get their act together) to beat Shels or Bray.
    Bit of an advantage alright but it didn't do Waterford much good against Dundalk. They actually played much better in the away game. Maybe the pressure of sealing the deal in front of an expectant crowd got to them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Athlone to lift the trophy tonight after ending the season with a bang by ending Longford's playoff hopes!

Hon The Town!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Should be going out to beat Dundalk tonight. Reckon we're safe but just to make sure....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Survival assured.

Hopefully Bray do the business tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

mervue make the playoffs in their last senior season! :D
    happy waterford didnt after going out with the begging bowl and signing a load of players straight after, not the only one after looking at the chat on our ustream feed for our match tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

What happens if Mervue get promoted?

I guess Bray get to stay up... Again.

AgileMyth wrote: »
    What happens if Mervue get promoted?

I guess Bray get to stay up... Again.
    wouldnt be shocked if they tried to skip galway nua into the premier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

overshoot wrote: »
    wouldnt be shocked if they tried to skip galway nua into the premier

Wouldn't be the first time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Nor would I.

I'd love a trip to Galway but that would be a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

happy waterford didnt after going out with the begging bowl and signing a load of players straight after, not the only one after looking at the chat on our ustream feed for our match tonight.

Waterford are prob trawling through Cobhs team as we speak to try and find an ineligible player.

Dundalk sucker punched in injury time tonight, looked to be well in control,Stephen O'Donnell with the worst pen you will see all year and i knew when he missed that it would come back to haunt us.He has been brilliant for us all season though so no harsh words.Fair play to Bohs who plugged away all match and prob deserved the draw in the end.Their Keeper was v.good.Pats leauge now to lose (no chance of that) and well done to them.

suppose its always possible they could ditch mervue now and let waterford have a go at the playoffs, another city to get up there!

oh should also add we played the last 10 mins with our centre half keith cowan when gallagher was sent off...the one time the reserve keepers stayed in donegal for the u19 match!

and should probably say so long Salthill Devon, its been er... interesting (off the field)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Pighead wrote: »
    Your obviously new to this game. ALL managers enjoy a little whinge and a moan after a defeat. Kenny's actually one of the more gracious in the league. When we beat Rovers, Croly wouldn't even shake his hand.

Looking forward to completing a clean sweep against Bohs tomorrow evening. Don't think they've even scored against us yet. Let's cap off a magnificent season with three stylish victories.

Pighead Thanks This Post.

Karma ;).... Cheers Bohs

BWaBGs9IIAAZ1EE.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

TOWN TOWN TOWN!

dfx- wrote: »
    It's a game of which set of players cares the least in the Brandywell, given Derry's form

No surprise to see a 0-0 snorefest..

Seventh 0-0 away league draw for Croly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

And, according to some feeds on Facebook, the haven't been paid for 4 weeks. The management brought the club to the brink, got the fans to bail them out, then spat in their faces by risking the financial stability of the club again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Am I right in saying that if Bray lose that Bohs are mathematically safe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

That_Guy wrote: »
    Bohs are already safe

That_Guy wrote: »

Bray have to win, lose or draw and we're safe

UCD are safe as well, after last night's draw, are they?

Bray can overtake them if they win their 3 games and drag them into the playoffs. Pretty unlikely though.

I'm looking forward to the visits of Salthill Devon, Finn Harps, Cobh, etc :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Bray 1-0 at half time

• Advertisement

Feck sake Limerick, get the finger out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Lars1916 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to the visits of Salthill Devon, Finn Harps, Cobh, etc :(

Wait for the visits to their grounds - you'll get to see parts of Ireland you never dreamed existed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭born2bwild

Lars1916 wrote: »
    UCD are safe as well, after last night's draw, are they?

If UCD lose both remaining games and Shels win both remaining games Shels will go above them on goal difference (+3)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Bray 1-0 Limerick Full time.

Next up for Shels is Limerick. Bray play Bohs away.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Huge win for Bray. Wouldn't like to be a Shels fan right now.

• Advertisement

Come on Liam Buckley, no better man in football!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Sligo all over Pats here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Bray have Bohs and Dundalk and a 3 point advantage. Shells have Limerick and Ucd and a slightly better gd. Shells will prob need to win both to stay up I'd say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

My word what a cracking strike from Greg Bolger on the half hour. Worthy of a league clincher. Looked amazing!

Some strike for the opener there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

We're ****ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Bisto with a second on the stroke of half time. No more than Pats deserve, in fairness.

That was a quality goal there from Pats.

2-0.

I've seen a side not up for it this season and Sligo are not up for it tonight.

dfx- wrote: »
    I've seen a side not up for it this season and Sligo are not up for it tonight.

Bossed it for the first 15, should have been ahead. All Pats since then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement