Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 31), October 12-13, 2013

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Good win for Limerick tonight. Not a great turnout from the home support, maybe 1300 to 1500 there inc away support, but a solid result nonetheless despite being on the back foot a lot.

Barry Ryan was very good in goal, and had to be as Shelbourne pressed hard.

Hell of a lot of changes in the Limerick team compared to who lined up against Bray. Think there were seven players, maybe eight, aged 19 or younger in the match day squad for Limerick, and at least two of the back line were only 17 years of age.

Really enjoyed the result, and it was a good way to sign off the final home game of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Are Limerick staying in Thomond next year or whats the story there anybody know?

Thomond Park again next season afaik. The Markets Field is not meant to be ready before 2015 or 2016.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Kess73 wrote: »
    Thomond Park again next season afaik. Markets Fields is not meant to be ready before 2015 or 2016.

Be great for Limerick once club get its own home. I hope Limerick become a decent side in LOI now and not go back to the dark days. Potential is there. They saw some of that at start of season. Hope they can build on it.

Be great for Limerick once club get its own home. I hope Limerick become a decent side in LOI now and not go back to the dark days. Potential is there. They saw some of that at start of season. Hope they can build on it.

Was a decent season back in the top division. I think getting back to a ground of their own will be the making of them if they can hang on in this division until then.

The plans for the Market's Field that were shown some time back looked smashing, and would give Limerick FC a modern all seater ground that could hold between 7,500 and 9,000 people (depending on what seat number they stick at).

They have some very good young players breaking into the first team and I would expect many of them to push on next season after getting a taste of first team action this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Johnny Mac sums up the match in one picture...

http://www.sportsfile.com/id/802949/

Also what's the craic with Limerick and their League winning type celebrations when they beat us? Even had a pitch invasion, which lasted until Dean Kelly got rid of the scrotes!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Really is all down to Bohs v Bray at the weekend.

UCD should be able to get a 0-0 draw minimum against Rovers to ensure their safety, so they won't much to play for next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

dfx- wrote: »
    Really is all down to Bohs v Bray at the weekend.

A nod and a wink in this one I'd say.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

gimmick wrote: »

Depends if Bray are happy to risk going through the playoffs or want to go full steam and try and overtake UCD.

Will take the draw myself.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

gimmick wrote: »

My hope is, Owen Heary, Fred Davis, Dean Delaney and Keith Buckley won't let that happen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Johnny Mac sums up the match in one picture...

http://www.sportsfile.com/id/802949/

Also what's the craic with Limerick and their League winning type celebrations when they beat us? Even had a pitch invasion, which lasted until Dean Kelly got rid of the scrotes!

The butthurt is strong in this one.

Get over yourself, it was the last home match of the season and the fans ran on the pitch to celebrate the season with the Limerick team.

Enjoy Division 1 next season. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

magma69 wrote: »

Classic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Get over yourself, it was the last home match of the season and the fans ran on the pitch to celebrate the season with the Limerick team.

To be fair it is a bit odd.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,254 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Normally doesn't happen though.

Celebrate with the Limerick team, the Limerick team were nearly gone off the pitch. They ran straight on front of the area we were knowing nothing would be done.

Minnowism!

Advertisement