Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Packard Bell EasyNote won't turn on!

Options
  • 11-10-2013 5:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi Guys!

Okay, so I'm having an issue with my Packard Bell Easynote TM94-RB-020UK.

It won't turn on.
    I have so far tried everything I can think of, I have pulled the battery and held the power button for up to 60 seconds, put the battery back in, plugged the AC adapter in and turned it on, I've removed and reseated the RAM, all without any luck.

When I plug in the AC adapter, power light comes on, I press the power button, the power goes to the laptop and the fans begin to run but the Hard drive LED light doesn't come on, nor does the Wifi LED light. The screen stays blank and it just doesn't boot.

It's driving me insane, I have no idea what to do now.

Im currently living in Toronto and I don't want to have to buy a new laptop while I'm over here.

ANY advice would be hugely appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭John mac

could be the hard drive is knackered,
    you could try getting a copy of ubuntu, burn it onto a disc ,
    put it into the laptop, it should boot from the disc,

then perhaps its time for a new drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

John mac wrote: »
    could be the hard drive is knackered,
    you could try getting a copy of ubuntu, burn it onto a disc ,
    put it into the laptop, it should boot from the disc,

then perhaps its time for a new drive.

Definitely not, if the hard drive was broken the laptop would turn on fine but it wouldn't load windows. This isn't turning on at all "the screen stays blank".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

GarIT wrote: »
    Definitely not, if the hard drive was broken the laptop would turn on fine but it wouldn't load windows. This isn't turning on at all "the screen stays blank".

Don't be so sure of that now. I had at least two cases recently (both Dell IIRC), where the laptop would not turn on at all... until I have removed the hard drive.

Edit: Both were Dell and of the maintenance unfriendly kind, Inspiron 15 (N5030 and N5050). In case of the N5030, the hard drive had slipped slightly out of the connector, whoever designed the bloody thing did not even bother to fix the HDD with at least one screw. The HDD in the N5050 was tight in place but banjaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭John mac

i based my reply on having the same problem. (dell latitude 600 ) hard drive was kaput.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Try removing the hard disk and see if it will boot to BIOS, or try booting from a CD, to eliminate the HDD as a possible problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭bellz_x

So, I tried all of the suggestions but unfortunately nothing worked. My brother thinks it may be the motherboard.
    I'm not experienced enough to check for that myself as I know I would have to remove the entire cover and try to figure it all out.

Is it possible to just get a new motherboard and install that? or would I be better off just getting an entire new laptop?

Advertisement